42.

The sky was dark and gloomy, with grey clouds covering it like a blanket, and not even a peak of blue could be seen from within. The downpour had already begun, everyone on the streets bracing themselves against the heavy shower, a coldness and chill in the air.

As the raindrops fell furiously, they were managing to hide Mia's tears, which similar to the rain, did not seem to be keen on stopping.

The weather looked like it matched Mia's mood, as she walked out the office and into the rain, unknown to where she was going or even where she wanted to go, only knowing she wanted to leave.

In her rushed state, Mia hadn't even grabbed her coat, bag or phone. The rain was soaking her from head to toe. Her hair was stuck to the face, the blouse she wore clung to her body, and since she hadn't changed from her heels, her feet were also getting wet. She could barely make out the path she walked on, with the raindrops over the lens of her glasses.

However, Mia didn't care about all that, not when she felt heartbroken.

The one person she really needed, had let her down.

Angry and dejected, Mia walked through the rain, not caring about the way people on the street stared at her, clearly confused by her state.

She carried on walking, even when she heard a familiar voice call out her name.

"Mia!" Sebastian shouted, as soon as he spotted her walking through the rain.

He knew how much she hated the rain, yet here she was,  walking through it without an umbrella. Not even a coat to keep her warm.

'She must be livid,' he thought worriedly.

Sebastian ran from where he stood, in his attempt to catch up to her. He knew that she'd heard him call out her name, from the way that she stiffened, but then ignored it and carried on.

He saw that she still wore her heels, and worried that she'd slip in the rain.

"Mia, please!" He shouted once more, as other people looked at him like he was a crazed fool, and in reality he was just that, a crazed fool, for ever letting her walk out the door without stopping her.

"Mia, God dammit! Please! Listen to me!" Sebastian pleased, completely drenched in rain himself.

He'd ran out the office without his blazer, his white shirt clung to his upper body and his tie flailing about in the wind. He looked a mess, but didn't care. Not when she was in the same state.

"No," Mia then said, without even stopping in her steps.

For a moment Sebastian was left a little shocked.

He just wanted to hold her, wrap his arms around her, provide her with warmth against this cold. He wanted to hold her and tell her she was mistaken, but he knew he couldn't do that, not yet at least.

Instead, he followed her, knowing it was the only thing he could do.

"I can't do this," Mia said in a broken voice, choking through her tears. "You still believe it, don't you? After everything, you still believe it," she stated, remembering the way that he looked at her, the way that he stayed silent.

He shook his head, despite knowing that she couldn't see him, or rather, wouldn't turn to see him.

"Please, just listen?" He begged her.

Mia then turned around abruptly, which startled Sebastian, and he halted in his movement quickly, before he bumped into her.

Sebastian saw the broken expression on her face, and the tears that spilled from her now, red eyes, despite the rain doing a good job of washing her tears away.