35.

The next morning, Mia woke up from her deep slumber with a slightly nagging headache.

As far as she could recall, she couldn't really remember going out and getting completely wasted, and so she couldn't understand this hangover-like feeling.

Her eyes then managed to flutter open, and as soon as she did, she was met with a familiar view of a room that she recognised.

It was Sebastian's room, she knew that, but she had no clue as to how she got there. She could remember being in the office, but that was it.

When Mia looked to the side, she had to double-take, as her eyes landed on Sebastian sitting up against the headboard, with his eyes closed and his hand enclosed around hers.

The sight confused her. She had no clue on what she should focus on first, how did she get to his room? Or why was he holding her hand?

Mia tried to carefully remove her hand from his grip, tugging on it, when it seemed like he had some death grip on her hand and it only tightening when she moved.

Sebastian frowned in his sleep, as he felt some kind of movement. He held onto Mia's hand tighter, when it felt as if someone was trying to break their hands apart, until it clicked that movement meant she was probably awake.

His eyes snapped open and he turned towards Mia, seeing how she was now awake and staring at him with wide eyes.

Seeing her brown eyes once again, were a sight for his sore eyes.

Sebastian saw her glancing down and he realised, she was looking at her hand, which he was still holding onto.

He quickly let it go and cleared his throat awkwardly.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Sebastian asked her as she watched Mia slowly sat up from the bed, her face scrunched up by her movements.

He wanted to help her, but thought that she would probably find it weird.

Mia rested her back against the headboard as well and glanced at him.

"I feel better, thank you. How did I get here?" She asked him cautiously and watched as he reached around him and then held her glasses in his hand.

She smiled softly and took them from him, putting them on, so that she could see a lot more clearer now,

"You fainted at the office," Sebastian informed her and Mia was shocked.

She remembered being in her office and then closing her eyes for a couple of minutes, but she didn't think she would've fainted from that.

Sebastian then continued, "I got scared and so I brought you here and got you checked out by our family doctor. He said you're okay, by the way. Nothing to worry about. You slept through the rest of the day and night, only waking up now," he finished.

The tips of his ears heated up, with a shade of red coming over him. Sebastian felt the urge to check himself for a fever.

"You brought me here?" Mia asked him, slightly surprised that he didn't just take her to her own home or try and wake her up at the office and then give her the day off.