12.

It's funny, you never really know how much patience you have within yourself, until you're forced into a situation.

Her inner patience was tested so much in that meeting with Sebastian, after walking out of his office, Mia took a quick trip to the ladies' room and cursed Sebastian with every name under the sun.

Her Mum would either faint or go red with anger, at the words Mia used, but she just had to let it out.

It was a little awkward when another woman came out of the stall and avoided making eye contact with Mia. She really ought to check if someone else with in the room, before she started spewing some bad curse words.

Evidently, it became clear to Mia that Sebastian's hatred for her was still as it was back in high-school. At least it would make it easy for her to not like him either, especially when they shared the mutual feeling.

Mia was determined that she would not, in however many months that she had to work for Sebastian, let him get to her. She had worked too hard and come so far and she was not going to let him become her setback.

For the next few weeks, Mia carried on within the accounting department, finishing off her work and passing on the rest of her to her colleagues. Harry had organised a little farewell dinner for her, which also doubled as his own little retirement party too.

He didn't plan on leaving the exact time as Mia, but then going to work without her wasn't going to be fun for him either.

Over the course of the weeks, Mia also had her training with Sophie. She would explaining her filing systems, the database, contacts and basically all things Sebastian's assistant would need to know.

Mia never really had a least favourite subject in school, but learning to be Sebastian's assistant was definitely most-hated subject now.

It was humorous to her, at how she was essentially training to become an expert on Sebastian, her least favourite person.

From working his schedule, to how he liked his coffee, Mia had understood it all. She was ready to face him and whatever he was going to bring her way. For the next six months or so, she was determined to excel at her job and wasn't going to quit, not matter how hard Sebastian tried.

Somehow, despite how many times Mia had ventured up to the 17th Floor to see Sophie, she managed to avoid crossing paths with Sebastian.

Finally, it had reached the time where Sophie had officially gone on maternity leave and now it was Mia's time to take over.

From her old desk, Mia had taken her things and placed them in a box, ready to arrange it on what would be her new desk.

When Mia walked into the building on this day felt particularly weird, even Moses greeted her with a curious expression, which she just smiled back to.

Out of habit, she nearly tapped on 15th Floor, when getting into the lift, until she reminded herself that today was the beginning of a new chapter.

She stepped onto the floor, box in hand, and few people in the open space area greeted Mia politely. It was nice to know at least the people on this floor were nice and she wouldn't have to deal with any office drama or whispers.

Mia walked into, what was going to be her new office, and smiled. This was an odd feeling, after going from desk space, she now had an actual office. Even if it were temporary, it still felt like a big step. 'An actual office!' She was internally squealing.