27.

Mia had spent the rest of her day at the office feeling utterly confused.

Her lunch with Sebastian seemed to have been quite nice, as face as she could recall. They spoke and even shared jokes. She'd teased him a little, but he'd done the same with her. As far as she knew, all had gone well.

However, when they had returned to the office, it was like a switched had been flipped and he was suddenly 'frosty and mean Sebastian' again.

She really didn't understand what had changed so suddenly. Mia tried to recall if it was something she had said or done, but came up blank. Maybe it was just the office air that made him like that? Whatever it was, it bothered her.

As soon as working day had ended, Mia had begun to pack up her stuff. She had expected Sebastian to pop into her office, like he would usually do recently, and wish her a good evening, but there was none of that. He just left.

His weird and distant behaviour, didn't really make sense to Mia, not after they had that nice lunch together, but she decided to put that at the back of her mind anyway. She had her dinner with Mason and other to look forward towards, and tried to keep her mood positive for that.

***

It was quite late by the time that Mia had got home, after her dinner.

She had more fun than she had initially expected. Everyone was really nice and welcoming, and then food was even better. Mexican food was her new favourite.

As soon as she walked through her flat door and into the living room, Mia spotted Chloe sitting on the sofa, a remote in hand.

"How was dinner?" Chloe asked her, as Mia slumped down next to her.

"It was great," Mia turned to her with a wide smile on her face. "We really need go to the restaurant. You'd love their nachos," she said and in that moment Nicole walked into the living room.

"And now I'm craving nachos," Nicole sighed and she dropped down onto sofa too, stretching her legs out onto the longer part of it.

She turned to Mia with a grin on her face.

"How was the company?" Nicole asked in an all-knowing tone.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Mia questioned her,  when she noticed the weird look on Nicole's face.

"Looking like what? I just asked a question," Nicole replied all too innocently.

Mia narrowed her eyes. "You're wiggling your brows suggestively, like you know something".

Usually this look was given to Mia, after Nicole had implied a sexual innuendo. Yet, nothing in what she had said seemed dirty to her.

'Loving nachos cannot be a dirty thing, can it?' Mia wondered to herself.

Nicole shot her another look, this time with a shit-eating grin, whilst Chloe just looked at the two, completely lost.

"Just say what you want to," Mia sighed.

She'd already had a long day and knew that Nicole wasn't one to just hold her tongue on something, for the sake of it. Nope. She'd continue to pester her, till she got what she wanted.