28.

The next day at the office, Mia found herself to be in a good mood once again.

She had given Chloe, Mason's number and both Nicole and her had sat in the living room and watched as she called Mason.

Although, Chloe only really managed to say 'hi' and also to agree on going out for a coffee together with hi, it left Nicole and her feeling so excited for their friend.

Mia placed her things down in her office and settled in.

She didn't know if Sebastian's mood had improved since yesterday, but she really hoped that it did. They had just been making good progress on a friendly, working-relationship, she didn't want to lose that so suddenly. Especially when she didn't know why.

With the thought that she could be nice today, Mia prepared a coffee for Sebastian, that would be ready and waiting for him before he would be in the office.

As she walked towards the door, Mia felt like she heard the sound of typing coming from within and frowned.

'Sebastian was never in before her,' she thought.

Mia then opened the door without even knocking and was surprised to see Sebastian sitting at his desk, as he typed away, his focus on the screen.

"Good morning," she greeted him, a little puzzled that he'd just been in his office and wondered when he had come in.

She then frowned that he hadn't even greeted her back.

With the coffee in hand and tablet in the other, Mia walked further into his office and placed the mug down onto his desk.

Again, no answer.

Sebastian hadn't intended on acting this way with her, but he was still annoyed after she had left to go to that dinner with Mason. Even after he talked it out with Diana and the others, a part of him was still pissed that she had accepted his offer.

'If she weren't interested, she'd clearly say no. Right?' Sebastian thought.

He watched as she entered his office with a bright smile, one which had faltered when she saw him sitting there. Was she upset to see me?

Sebastian then saw the mug in her hand and the tablet in the other. He was surprised to see her bring him the coffee so early, instead of making him wait.

'Maybe she was in good mood? Or maybe, she was in a good mood due her date last night.'

"Morning," he then greeted her gruffly and moved his eyes back to his monitor.

"Is something wrong?" Mia asked him.

"No," he then replied curtly, without even sparing her a glance.

Mia just couldn't comprehend what she had done. 'Maybe he was just having an off day,' she thought.

"Well, I brought you some coffee," she said and gestured towards the mug she had placed onto his desk, as she hoped maybe that would lighten his mood.

"Thanks," Sebastian replied, and this time he didn't look at her.

Mia felt a little hurt at his behaviour, especially the way he didn't even acknowledge or make eye contact with her. All the progress that they had made to better their working-relationship, seemed it to all be up in smoke.