45.

So...this chapter will contain a slightly, steamy-ish scene towards the end.

I'm not adding a warning, but with the build-up, it should be clear where this is going.
If you're not comfortable with that, skip to the end, it's all good, last two lines should sum it up for you.

Also, it's my first time writing, this kind of scene, so if it's cringe, I apologise.

Enjoy ;)

***

The calm silence in Sebastian's car, had begun to worry him immensely.

For the rest of the dinner party and after her outburst towards Tucker and Anna, Mia been quiet. He noticed the far-away look in her eyes, fiddling with her hands, and the way she'd pull away from him slightly.

Although he understood, it hurt him nonetheless, mostly because he wasn't sure on how to help. He didn't like this. She didn't deserve this.

"Mia," he then said her name in a slightly strained voice. "Say something, please," he begged.

Throughout the drive, he'd occasionally glance over towards Mia, and just saw her resting her head against the cool window. She wouldn't turn to look at him, her eyes seemed as if they were focused on the road, but he knew that she was somewhere else altogether.

A gentle sigh then left Mia's lips.

"I don't know what to say," she responded.

She still hadn't turned her head towards him.

It terrified him. He felt as if she were pulling away and all he wanted to do, was hold her tight in his arms.

"Please tell me you're okay?" Sebastian asked her.

It was something he'd refrained from asking before. He'd searched her eyes for it, many times during the dinner, and every time he'd come up empty.

Her eyes would always tell him how she felt, but right now, he couldn't tell and it worried him,

Mia then sat up a little straighter in her seat, pondering over the question for a second.

In all honesty, she had been thinking about the question throughout the whole night and she didn't know the answer.

She would ask herself, and the answer would come back as yes, but then she didn't really know. Tonight, she had finally confronted years of fear and pain, and that did make her feel stronger, braver and more in control, but there was also something else.

Mia had been holding onto this whole incident for a long time. She had thought that she'd moved on from it, but it was always at the back of her mind. She never thought she'd ever get the chance to confront Tucker, since he'd thankfully disappeared from her life, but now that she had it was odd.

The weight from her chest had finally been lifted, but it had been a big part of her life. She was immensely happy that it was over, but Mia still needed to figure out how to deal with it all. She needed to let it sink in, to understand that it was over. She'd won.

Sebastian glanced over towards Mia once again, the long pause made him feel anxious. She seemed as if she were mulling over his question, but he didn't ask her again. He instead accepted her silence as an answer.