39.

There was no denying it anymore.

Mia liked Sebastian.

After coming back from Amsterdam, Mia was more sure about feelings than ever before. She wanted to be with him, like she was in Amsterdam. She wanted to have dinners with him, go for walks, talk forever, laugh at his cheesy jokes, and have him hold her in his arms at night.

She wanted it all.

However, she just needed to move on from the past.

Mia had this fear of being too close to him. Like it was a dream, and then he'd turn around and say it was some kind of prank that Blake and him formed.

She felt that until she didn't discuss the past with him, she'd never be able to give into her feelings.

Deciding to be brave, and mostly because Nicole told her to stop being such a wuss, she decided today was the day that she'd talk to Sebastian.

Mia knocked on his office door, before she quickly peeked in.

Sebastian was at his desk and focused on his work, however, as soon as he heard the knock at the door and saw Mia's face, everything else just stopped.

"Hi," Mia greeted him with a smile on her face.

When he saw that expression on her face, it immediately brightened up his day and he couldn't help but smile back too.

"Hi," he replied and watched as she stepped further into his office.

"Do you have a moment?" Mia asks, unsure if he was in the middle of something.

At her question, Sebastian promptly closed his laptop and put the pen down, that was in his other hand. His sole focus became Mia instead.

"Sure. Come sit," he gestured towards the seat in front of his desk.

After Amsterdam, Sebastian felt that something between them was different, but he couldn't outright ask her, 'Hey, Mia. Do you like me now?', even if he really wanted to.

Instead, he thought that it was best to wait for her to make the first move and he'd just continue to make her feel special until she made that move.

Mia took at seat by his desk and just sat quietly. Her hands were in her lap and she kept fists kept tightly closed. She could feel the pressure of her nails in her palm, but still made no move to unclench her hands.

When she looked up, she saw Sebastian's head titled to the side a little, with a worried expression on his face.

He was waiting for her to speak up, since her silence was unnerving.

Mia then cleared her throat. "I kind of need to talk to you," she said.

As soon as the words left her mouth, she wanted to smack herself over the head. She wanted to seem casual and breezy, but 'I need to talk', didn't exactly scream easy-going. That sounded ominous, if anything.

Sebastian seemed to have the same train of thoughts. At her words, he felt his body stiffen a little and began to think that this could either go really great or really bad.

He didn't want it to seem like he was panicking inside and so instead, he tried to remain normal and kept a smile on his face.

"Sure, go ahead," he said, whilst keeping his fingers crossed underneath his desk.

"Actually, I meant for later. Do you have somewhere to be after work? Because I was hoping we could talk? I have a place in mind that we could go," Mia told him and that surprised Sebastian.