34.

After she had rushed out of that room, turned at the end of a corridor and leaned against the wall. She had heard Sebastian call out her name, but she couldn't look back at him.

She tried to compose herself before she headed downstairs, since she didn't want to cause a scene by looking too disheveled.

Fortunately, she managed to bump into both Harry and Leslie, just as she reached the bottom of the stairs. She then quickly said her goodbyes to them, with the excuse that there was an emergency at the flat and that she was needed.

Mia hadn't looked back to see if Sebastian had followed her.

She knew that if he did stop her and question her, it was more than likely that she would have some kind of breakdown and she couldn't have that.

Her movements were a bit of a blur to her, as she rushed out of the party and got herself a taxi to take her back to the flat. She wasn't even entirely sure how much she had paid for it.

When Mia got back home, she rushed inside and just leaned back against the door. As if she were trying to keep everything out on the other side of it. Everything that could potentially hurt her.

As she rushed inside, Nicole and Chloe panicked seeing her in such a state.

They've always seen the stronger side of Mia, the one that was always so determined and undaunted.

That night, Mia told the girls everything. From the past to the present. She never wanted to keep it all from them, but just didn't want to revisit old memories and rub on old wounds. It felt wrong to never let them know about it, especially when usually told each other everything.

For Nicole and Chloe it all clicked. It made sense why Mia hated Sebastian at the start, and why she made such a big deal on taking the role as his assistant.

It was safe to say that Nicole was fuming after learning everything, and wanted to beat the living shit out of Tucker, Victoria and smack around Sebastian.

When they learnt about the near kiss, Chloe was more sympathetic and understood why Mia ran away from there, and comforted her.

For the rest of the weekend, Mia stayed in bed. Not because she was feeling lazy, but rather due to all that had happened, had got to her and seemed to be messing with her state of mind. It was causing her to get sick, even though she didn't want to admit it to herself.

Come Monday, the girls tried to persuade Mia to stay home, since she had barely eaten or slept, mirroring her state from the past.

However, Mia didn't listen and she went to work anyway.

***

Sebastian was beside himself since Saturday's party. He didn't know how he was going to face Mia.

He thought that he had clearly misunderstood the situation and was practically forcing himself upon her. He didn't mean to do that, he just felt as if she might've, possibly, felt the same as him.

Clearly, that wasn't the case, judging by how she hightailed it out of there.

All Sebastian wanted to do was apologise. It didn't seem right to do over the phone, so he just hoped that she would come into the office on Monday and he could apologise then.