17.

The next couple of weeks at the office went by quickly, with Mia already being well into her second month working for Sebastian. So much closer to the finish line than she was before.

Unfortunately for Mia, she had to endure seeing a lot of Anna at the office as well. The woman was never one to keep her dislike for her at bay, often offering her sly comments or remarks.

However, Mia didn't care. To her, Anna was basically irrelevant, as was her opinion.

As her usual morning routine, Mia was carrying a mug of coffee for Sebastian.

He always expected her to have one ready for him, early in the morning, preferably just before had reached the office. So naturally, Mia would make it well after he had come into the office, later in the morning and after she had properly settled in.

She knocked on his door, waiting for his 'command' to enter. God forbid she tried to enter, without knocking.

"Come in," Sebastian's gruff voice called out.

Mia walked into the office and saw that Sebastian seemed quite into his work at the moment, appearing to read something on his monitor.

"Your coffee," she announced, placing the mug on his desk.

Sebastian blinked up at her, completely forgetting that he hadn't had his usual morning cup. The odd times that she brought it too him, made it seem like more of surprise.

Mia watched as Sebastian picked up the mug and took a sip.

She noticed the way the corners of his mouth slightly tugged up.

Sebastian really couldn't deny that she made a great cup of coffee, better than anything he'd tasted before. Of course he couldn't let her know that, but he really did want to ask what the secret was.

He'd heard Harry praise her coffee before and didn't think anything of it, only now realising how right the old man was.

When he glanced up, he noticed the bewildered look on her face.

"What?" He asked, his own expressions hardening once again.

"You're not going to make me take it back today?" Mia asked him.

She was waiting on the moment for him to scrunch up his face in disgust, saying there was something wrong with it.

Sebastian then, very unexpectedly, chuckled. "Have a little faith in yourself, Miss Sareen."

That irritated her. "I have faith, just none in you," she replied with a smile.

"Keep it that way," he then told her, feeling amused by her words.

Mia narrowed her eyes at him, before turning around and walking out of his office in a huff.

Sebastian bit back the urge to laugh at her, instead shaking his head and sipping his coffee.

***

Later in the day, Sebastian was tugging at his hair in frustration.

"Ugh, where's that damn file!" He said to himself.

He looked down as his, now, messy desk. Papers were strewn all over it, some balled up and others peeking through some files. Even his floor had a few folders lying about, that he had haphazardly through whilst in his search.