10.

Mia had been cursing her decision from the moment she had made it.

Ultimately, she that it was the right choice, since she couldn't let her own judgement be clouded by the past. Mia had made it her mission to move on and she did.

However, to Mia, moving on meant never seeing Sebastian or his friends ever again. For years, she had made good on that, even despite working in the same company as him.

When Harry had first hired her, Mia was so happy and desperate, she barely knew which role or company she had applied to. When it dawned on her that it wasn't just a coincidence that the company was called Carter, Mia was filled with dread.

She was so desperate for a good job and good money, she wasn't even in the position to refuse the job. Mia also didn't want to miss out on a great role because of Sebastian either.

Somehow, Mia had worked three years in the company without having to come face to face with Sebastian and she thanked her lucky stars for it.

Now that blissful era was going to be coming to an end, since she would now have to see him over and over again, much to her chagrin.

She was now to assume the role of his assistant, which meant all the face to face time she managed to miss in those years, she was about to acquire.

The doom and gloom of the weather matched Mia's mood completely. She felt like it was the universe telling her, it understood. It wasn't going to be a sunny day, when she felt miserable.

Her journey into work was mostly compromised of Mia listing out pro's and con's of how this whole experience would go. It was safe to say he con's list was a lot longer, but at least the positives included a higher salary and a potential better job after everything.

Her meeting with Sebastian was scheduled in the morning, a little after she was meant to be in work. So for a while, Mia just tried to, albeit unsuccessfully, distract herself.

Until it was time for her to go up to the Sebastian's office floor and have the meeting with the devil himself.

Mia first went into Sophie's office, greeting her. It was already better to see a more friendly face. They spoke for a little while and Sophie gave her advice on how to 'go about things' when it comes to Sebastian.

What she didn't know, was that Mia already shared history with Sebastian and already knew, no matter what advice Sophie would give her, it wouldn't really matter.

Finally it came to the moment that Sophie spoke through her little intercom and announced that Mia was there for the meeting.

Putting on her big girl brave face she decided she wouldn't cower like the old her would've, she was stronger now, she wouldn't crumble.

So with that in mind, Mia walked towards the door and put on a smile as she knocked.

"Come in."

When Mia heard that voice of his, she took a deep breath and then finally opened the door and walked in.

Her eyes immediately fell onto the sight of a very smug Sebastian sitting at his desk, as if he was some kind of king. It irked her, but she didn't let it show.