Who's Taller Now?

Mark and Jinyoung were best friends. They were so attached to the hip that even their parents can't separate them and they had to become neighbours.

One day in kindergarten, Mark and Jinyoung were playing in the sandbox when Jinyoung suddenly jumped over to Mark's side. "What Nyoungie?" 5-year-old Mark asked, tilting his head to side,resembling a cute puppy. "Marry me!" Jinyoung blurted out, grinning widely. "No," Mark declined making Jinyoung pout.

"Why not?" Giggles were then heard from the other,"You're short!" The other boy blushed and stomped his feet on the ground. He then tiptoed and placed his hand on top of Mark's. "So if I grow taller than you like this, you'll marry me right?" Jinyoung smiled. Mark then looked at Jinyoung and smirked,"How bout we see if the time actually comes, shortie?"

"It will! You'll see and we will get married!" The boy determined and handed out his pinky finger,"

"Promise?". Mark then looked at his best friend and nodded,"Okay. If you get taller than me, I will marry you," his own pinky finger went to the other's hand hooked them together as the promise was sealed.

Years has passed by quickly for the two friends. In a blink of an eye, they were now graduating from college. It was a tough path way for them but they managed to fight through it together. Everyone in school had expected them to be a couple but it had not happen. The two were the popular ones in school. No matter the gender, everyone wanted to claim them as theirs but of course that never happened.

During the years, Jinyoung's appearance did grew a lot. He was no longer the nerdy child he once saw. Jinyoung had the looks of a royal prince. He also grew taller, taller than Mark in fact. Mark still remembered their promise but it seemed like Jinyoung didn't. It made Mark sad but he brushed it off, thinking that maybe it was just a stupid promise that children made.

Well, that is what Mark thought. Jinyoung clearly remembered the promise and he was so happy that he was taller than Mark. He still remembered that after the day he made the promise, he ran home and measured his height. It became his usual routine until he finally passed Mark's height. He remembered that he ran around the house, cheering so loudly that Mark's parents came to check on him. Jinyoung chuckled at the precious moment.

The reason he had not speak up about the promise was because he wanted to wait for the right moment. He knew if he told him while they were still in school, Mark would be distracted by their relationship so he waited till they graduated. And the time arrived. He was so excited, he always knew Mark likes him. The feelings were the same.

While they were walking to the park they always went to after school, Jinyoung saw Mark's hand playing with each other. He then grabbed his right hand in his and put it his pocket. He knew Mark was giving him stares but he didn't care, the stupid smile just won't come off his face.

The two best friends were sitting on the bench beside the river, looking at the scenery. Suddenly, Jinyoung asked Mark to stand up. The latter did not understand but he still did what he was asked to. Jinyoung did the same and hovered over Mark, his hand went up above Mark's head. "Do you see me now?" Jinyoung asked teasingly, his hand swaying side to side, showing that he was taller than the other.Mark then blushed and looked down. He remembered.

"So, are you going to fulfill your promise now? Hmm? Will you marry me,Mark?" Jinyoung asked, he bent down a little to meet Mark's eyes. "B-But we're not even dating..." Mark muttered, cheeks crimson red. Jinyoung then chuckled and said,"I'm not saying that we should now. Maybe after a year of dating?" The taller then hand out his hand for Mark to accept. He smiled when he felt a smaller hand accepting his.

Taking the chance, he pulled Mark to him and closed the gap between their lips.