Bond

Damn it!

Why I didn't think of it that if there's a shield, there's a sword. Since I knew about this that Quinn is weak against physical attacks, a shield will be his defense and a sword will be his offense against those enemies who depends on strength. Not only those who used strength as power, also those witches who used magic.

Wolves are known to rely on strength and abilities. Quinn is really weak against it and it's a fact when I battled him. He struggled a little bit when I wanted a close combat. He tried to keep a distance from me on that battle. Now, I know the purpose why he had a shield and sword. This is to protect him against close combat.

"Hmmm... what shall I use? Water?" He said and grinned at me. He's mocking at me now and he grabbed the Sword of Water.

"Are you serious? How can water be a sword?" I mocked him too.

"Watch and learn, wolf!"

The water turned into an ice. He can also manipulate all the properties of water. With a flash, Garreth strike one of my shield, the fire. If Garreth can control his sword, then I can control my shield too. I tried to switch the elements and it worked.

"Clever." He praised me. "Do you think that I'll let you win, Ares?"

Surprisingly, the Sword of Air appeared on his left hand. That caught me off guard. I didn't know that he can use two swords at a time. I tried to endure the attacks as his attack speed increases.

This is annoying!

The Sword of Air granted him agility or movement speed. He's like a mad assassin now trying to break the Shield of Water and he did.

Garreth is too strong for me. My shielf can't withstand against his attacks.

"That's sad, Ares. You're still an amateur." He said.

I admit, he's cool especially wielding two swords. With his lean body, he can used it as advantage for his attack speed. He's faster that I am when I saw him how he fights.

"Enough with the fight. It didn't give me a thrill."

Geez! I got annoyed when he indirectly said it to my face that I'm no match for him. He stopped our battle by withdrawing the swords and with his magic, Quinn appeared in front of him.

"Ares!" Quinn exclaimed and he ran towards me. He hugged me like he haven't seen me for years. "Are you okay? Did big brother hurt you?"

With my silly mind, I want to take revenge on him through Quinn.

"Yes... he strike me with his swords." I said in a tone like a child got hurt.

Quinn looked at Garreth with fierce eyes.

"Hey, it's not deep. Don't overreact." He said and looked at me.

I gave him an evil grin and he got annoyed on how I turned Quinn against him. Quinn wanted to heal me but we're still in the forest of silence.

"Let's go home." Garreth said.

I didn't expect that Garreth's mansion is in the center of this forest. It's very secluded like no one can reached his house. Once we got inside, Quinn healed me with his light spells. It was a different spell that Selene's.

"Hey Quinn, you didn't give me hug yet." Garreth said.

"No, I won't. You intended to kill us when we were in the forest." Quinn said while he's healing me.

"I did it just to see how strong this shield of yours and yet, he failed me." Garreth said and sip his cup of tea.

This stupid brother really gets in my nerves. I know he knew that I haven't acquired the earth and air element and now he's nagging!