Redemption

I failed... yes, I failed on bringing back my baby with me when I tried to catch up with that hybrid. I lost track my baby's scent and I don't know where they went. I can't feel his life force too but I still tried. I kept on searching anywhere in my wolf form as my senses were heightened. I usually searched at night where people were asleep but I still failed.

I became lonely, sad, and most of all I worried where Quinn was. Thoughts came in my mind that I can no longer find him. I went back and forth from city to the undercave hoping that I can catch his scent again.

It took me three months for going back and forth and unfortunately, nothing's change. I failed and I can't accept it.

I didn't return to my human form and stayed at the ruins of the undercave. My sister and my friends kept on checking me but I ignored them. They brought me food and I ate a little. Depression sink in that I'm a failure. I blamed myself for the lost of my baby, for everything that happened here in this ruins. I was lonely like a dog who was left by its master.

Dregan and Garreth kept on convincing me to go home and I still ignored them. I'll live in this ruins of cave where I can remember the last minutes of my life with Quinn. Though it brought me to tears and I deserved it. My wrong decision on joining my father in that meaningless battle gave me a tragic output in my life.

Day and night, I succumbed the depression and the aches of my heart. I can't return time even if I asked Hailey to do it for me. I isolate myself from the society that I lived in.

One day, I smell Lady Vivian's scent together with her is Sir Gilbert. They went inside and tried to convinced me.

"Ares, come home." She said.

I didn't react and just closed my eyes. I have no face to show as I promised to them that I'll bring their son back.

"Ares please... Sirius will not be happy if he comes back home." Sir Gilbert said.

I just cried like a puppy and tuck myself with my body. I have no guts to face them.

"We're also looking for my son, Ares." She said.

I just shook my head and covered my face with my fur. I'm dirty now and smell awful. I heard Lady Vivian sighed and she's about to pet me but I stood up and walked away from them and lay down on the ground.

"He's still blaming himself." Lady Vivian said talking to her husband.

"It's three months now and he's still like this. How can we track Sirius if the shield is depress." Sir Gilbert said.

"Just give him time. Maybe Hailey or Beatrice can convince him." She said.

Mother also visited me everyday but I didn't listen to anyone. I am not in the mood of comfort. I wanted to be alone and repent the wrong decisions that I've made.

Every night, I howled inside this cave. It's my way of releasing all my stress and depression. I cried each night and wander around near the cave. Day after day, my senses became weak and almost fading. I forgot the scent of the nature. My sense of hearing and smell became weak. I can no longer hear the streams, the wind blowing the leaves of a tree, the animals footseps, and the scents.

One night, someone entered the cave. I don't know if they're hunters or my sister. I just stayed in place until that someone found me.

"Is that a dog?" I heard a voice of a man.

"Kind of. Come, let's check it." And a woman's voice.

The woman touched me and I snarled at them. The woman flinched for a while but she wanted to touch me. I acted like to bite her with my fangs. The man pulled the woman away from and then I lay down on the ground again.