The Hybrid

Ares told me everything about Quinn's past. He showed it through magic and I can't believe on what I saw. Quinn and I have the same face and I don't know if Ares told me the exact truth.

He was Quinn's boyfriend. He's also known to be the strongest magic user.

The events showed me by the power of the magic staff that Ares had. The staff was originally from Quinn, who was lost and captured by a hybrid.

Though I can't accept what I've witnessed, Quinn and I are exactly the same, from head to foot. If I were Quinn, why is it that I don't remember anything about these events that the magic staff showed me?

I am certain that my past is intact. I had a family but my parents died in a tragedy and my brother was the only family that I had. My childhood, it was clear and bright. I went to school, finished college, and had a job as an actor and model. It can't be that I am Quinn because I don't have powers.

The wolves they existed and also witches. The guy who helped me the other day was a wolf with special ability. Ares also showed me that his a hybrid, a wolf and a witch. He's huge when transformed into a wolf, that is why his built was too buffed.

Ares took me to another condo building and he did something on me. He casted a shield as what he said just to seal my scent from the wolves who was after me. I was gazing the city, busy cars and trucks, and people were on the rush while the sun was too bright. I thought of what Ares told me. He was my shield and my biological brother as what he said was my sword.

It's fascintating to think that I'm the strongest magic user but I can't fully accept it unless my brother Josh will tell me the truth.

That black-red sphere on my heart and brain, the woman, who was my biological mother, said that it's consuming me  to darkness. I don't know what she said but I can't deny that I saw Ares' face when she tried to break that sphere in my heart. It really hurts and it's tearing my heart apart.

Maybe, I can slightly trust Ares about the whole fiasco that I am into.

"You're awake. Are you hungry?" Ares asked when he entered the room.

"I don't have the appetite." I answered.

I don't know what to believe.

My brother wanted me to imprison because he said that someone was after me. If Ares and the people that I've met was that someone, then why is my brother so agitated? Since our parents died, he used to lock me in his house because of danger but I don't know what's that danger he was talking about. Something is fishy about and even Maxima and his men tried to hypnotize me.

"Eli, come let's eat. You need food for the workshop today." Ares said.

I looked at him and he already prepared our breakfast.

"How can you be so calm even you know that my brother is on search?" I asked.

"It's because you are at my side. As long as you're with me, I can be calm." He said and went closer. His eyes were really expressive and not lying unlike my brother's eyes, it was filled of unknown intention when he looked at me. "I won't force you to be Quinn. Honestly, I'm happy that you live a normal life but you can't totally live like that until that black-red sphere is inside your body."

I thought I was an ordinary person but I am a big deal in the world of magic and mystery. Ares promised me that he'll find a solution on how to detach it from my body. He already explained to me that the black-red sphere is a curse. If a witch tried to break it, I will die with it.

"Ares, I don't know if I can accept what you've said to me. In my whole life, I believed I was an ordinary person but until today."

He touched my face and pinched my cheek.