Flames of Desire

Ares' POV

I didn't expect that my mother will betray me. She used her time ability to stop us and let Eli sacrificed himself just to save this world. I went into rampage after mother's time ability stopped. I saw Eli flew up and destroyed the eternal darkness forever with his power. The rays of sun finally come back in this world but Eli will not come back to me anymore.

When the power of Eli and the Phoenix showered in this world, the city slowly turned back to how it was like nothing happened. Humans were revived and we found ourselves back outside Garreth's mansion. My twins turned back into a baby and I ran away into the depths of the forest. I punched and kicked the trees as I tried to let go of my anger but it won't.

I hate Eli for being so concerned about this world. He's exaggerating the future and leave me alone.

I ran away home just to ease myself from pain and went back to the undercave where the pack's home was. I stayed the undercave for almost a month, without eating and drinking water but my power compensate my nutritional deficiency.

"I know I will find you here."

I heard Hailey's voice and Selene is with her. I ignored them as they wnet inside and sae their surprised faces.

"Are you living here instead with your children?" Hailey asked me.

I didn't answer and he hit my head. I snarled as if Hailey will be frightened.

"Mind your own business!"

I made the cave as my home. I live simple and everything is manual. Selene fixed the cave with her powers and even put some greens inside it. I still ignored them while Hailey was ranting about me running away.

"You're acting like this because of what happened to Quinn?" Hailey asked me.

I stopped when I heard Eli's true name. It suddenly gave me pain in my heart.

"Don't mention that name in front of me." I scolded her.

"Duh! As if you despise him. You're mad because Quinn decided selflessly. Look at the world today, Ares. It's back to how it used to be. It's bright, trees were lively, animals were running free except you." She said.

I noticed that Selene didn't say a thing since she came in. She just listened and looked at me.

"Come on Ares. Quinn didn't sacrifice himself for nothing."

I grabbed her shirt and shouted at her.

"So, who should I blame? You?"

Hailey smirked at me and she pulled out my hand.

"You're too selfish. I didn't expect that my brother think this way." She answered and pushed me away. "I understand Quinn's decision. He's doing it for your children but what you're doing right now is not giving him a favor to take care of yor children which he love the most."

I don't want to hear anything about the sacrifice, the events during the eternal darkness, the rants and especially how selfish I am. It's because all I wanted is for us to be a family. I love Quinn so much and my children but it's painful to accept that I'm alone again, leaving me behind.

"If you think that Quinn left you then think again. He never leave us as Nigel touched me the other day, I saw Quinn in the future." Hailey said.

I stunned when I heard what Hailey said. I grabbed her shirt again and asked.

"Are you certain about it? Are you sure Quinn will come back to us?"