Refutation

Eli/Quinn's POV

One Month Later

My brother, Josh, I mean Vladimir, didn't chase me anymore but Ares' friend was still alert for any possible attack. I went to his house and it was already empty. He evacuate and left the house into ruins. There were many questions that was left unanswered and I want hear it from him. I know he had reasons why he did that to me aside from loving me.

About my true identity, I haven't accepted it who I really was. I have no memories as a magic user and I don't want to give hopes to my biological parents too. They wanted me to live in the mansion but I refused. I stayed with Ares for the meantime while Vladimir was still on the run.

And about Ares, he's been distant and sometimes busy. He always went out at night and I don't know where he was going. Since the day that he knew about my curse, Ares always looked for possible solution and he had less sleep everyday. He's doing everything just for me and my heart started to like him but I'm prohibited to love him. It's sad that I can't love him because of the curse.

One morning, we were so early for the shoot, Ares took a nap at our tent. It's still five in the morning and we need to shoot as the sun will rise. Ares was so tired and I can tell in his face, especially his eyes. I asked Czar about him but his friend didn't know anything.

I can't force them to tell me about their agenda. I have no right to know everything, especially to Ares. And it came into my mind that I already had a pity on him. For four years that he was looking for me and what he got was nothing. The Quinn he knew has a new identity as Eli, which is I am right now.

I went outside the tent and walked near the shore. My mind is in chaos and my heart is wavering because of I can't love him. I don't want to die, I have so many things to do in my life as an ordinary person but mysteries pulled me back into my real world.

"Czar, can you tell me about Ares after he lost Quinn?" I asked randomly.

I knew that he was following me even though I don't have sharp senses just like them.

"Really? You need me as your storyteller when you can do it through magic?" He asked me.

I chuckled and looked at him.

"Do you think I can use magic as an ordinary person?"

He realized that Quinn's magic is inside Ares' body. Maybe he got used to with Quinn's magic and I think Quinn usually get answers through his magic.

While walking and feeling the breeze on my face, Czar told me about Ares for the past four years. He undergone depression and blame himself for what happened. It's not my fault too that I made him into but fate does. No one knew what will happen on that time and even I can't remember everything but only these fake memories was all I can remember.

"What will happen if I'll take back the power?" I asked him.

"You'll become a badass witch again!" He said and was excited too.

Now I know that Czar adore Quinn so much. The way he answered is one proof that he really wanted me to become that witch again. I chuckled when I heard that I'm a badass witch and I haven't remember how I fight in battle.

"I hope you'll come back to us Master. Everyone needs you especially when the eternal darkness will cover this world." He said.

Eternal darkness.

I don't know what is that eternal darkness that they were talking about. They feared that will happen and needed my power against it. But, how can I do it if the Quinn they knew was lost?