Take Over

I found one of the sacred beasts and Selene had it. She had the sacred beast of earth and the sphere went inside her. We still don't know how to use its power as Selene said, she didn't feel anything and the beast didn't talk to her as well.

For the remaining three, I don't have a clue who were the chosen one. The emblems flew right after it were hatched from the eggs.

"This is too frustrating." I said while I was in my thoughts.

"Are frustrated because we need to find the sacred beasts?" Mother asked me while I was having a cup of tea with her at the Starbucks Coffee.

"Yes, mother. After my powers returned, obtained the power of the Phoenix, and hatched those eggs, now I am in search for the three remaining beasts!" I ranted.

Mother chuckled and was amused by how I acted right now in front of her. It's really frustrating because I don't have time to look for the sacred beasts. The eternal darkness is coming at us and I don't want these innocent people will be consume by darkness.

"If I were you baby, you don't need to look for the sacred beasts." Mother said.

"But we need them, mother. That's what you said."

Mother shook her head and sip her tea. She looked at me differently like she's trying to read my mind. She stood up and sat beside me giving me a peck on my cheek and said.

"The chosen one will reveal themselves when you need them. As long as you are the Phoenix, the beasts will draw them to your power."

But, what if they don't? Those beasts had minds of their own and I don't want to control them just because I needed them.

"Maybe, I need to stand on my own mother. If the beasts will not help me then I'll rely on my utmost power." I said.

Mother nodded and told me that she's on my side. She will help me at all times even how difficult it is.

Ares came after fifteen minutes. We were waiting for him to arrived from his work. We had different locations this time and I ended all my shoots earlier that him.

"I'm sorry I'm late." He said and gave mother a peck on the cheek before me.

"It's alright, Ares." Mother said.

"Let's go?" He asked.

"Go where?" I asked curiously.

Ares smiled and so as mother. I don't know that they're keeping something from me and I got even more curious. When we walked out from the Starbucks Coffee, I kept on bugging Ares to tell me where we're going but he didn't say a thing but just a smile on his face. I looked at mother and she pretended that she was busy with her phone.

Something fishy is going on.

We took Ares car and headed somewhere but we were caught up by the traffic. Mother was chuckling at the back while she's busy with her phone.

"Ares, where are we going?" I asked him.

"You'll find out, baby." He answered.

I sighed and rolled my eyes because he always answered me with that line. It became irritating on my ears and I crossed my arms acting like I was too upset. Mother also kept on avoiding my question and tend not to hear it.

Since when did Ares became their child? It feels that I'm the stranger and Ares was her son. Now, I'm upset.

We went out from the Starbucks Coffee when the sun was still high and we arrived at a restaurant that was located at the mountain where we can see the city and the sun was about to set.