Sun and Moon

Eli's POV

It was the saddest part of my big brother's life to lose Dregan. He sulked inside his room and has no appetite. Mother and father convinced him to eat but he was like a person with no soul. My parents wanted to have a funeral for Dregan but I refused. Dregan's body is on the basement of this mansion. I asked Selene to get all the magic books on how to do the resurrection spell and mother disagreed.

"You can't bring back the dead." She said but I insisted to learn the spell. "Baby, doing the resurrection spell has an exchange."

"I don't care if there's an exchange. I want to bring Dregan back. I don't want to see my brother lifeless." I insisted and toom the books.

Mother grabbed my arm and stopped me. I don't know why she's trying to defy me. I'm doing it for what is good for my big brother.

"To resurrect the dead, you need to exchange your life for it." She said.

That made me stopped after she told me the price of the spell. If that's the price I have to pay then I can't save this world and the people will fall into the darkness. I looked at Dregan's body and I don't know what to do. I don't want to see my big brother cried all night because he blamed himself for what he did.

I went closer to Dregan's body and cast a regeneration spell. I brought back Dregan's body just like he was alive. I can't fathom to see his body into pieces and burned.

"What are you planning, dear?" Mother asked me.

"Prepare the funeral for Dregan. I want my brother to accept the reality." I answered and mother nodded. She and Selene went out to process everything.

But, I don't want this to happen. I created a clone of Dregan's body. I'm planning to resurrect him after destroying the eternal darkness. No one shall die in expense of my life and no one shall mourn because of such tragic events.

I cast in invisibility spell on Dregan's body and let the clone see visible by the others.

"What are you doing, Sirius?" The Phoenix asked me through telepathy.

"I'm going to deceive everyone. And by that, I have time to learn the resurrection spell." I answered.

"Why are you so determine to bring back the dead? In the first place, he was already dead and was the minion of night."

I can feel the doubt of the Phoenix towards my decision but my decision is fixed. I'm going to bring back Dregan alive, not as a vampire but as a human.

"This is the price I have to pay. I should be the one who lie down on this bed. I should be the one who fight against the Dark Lord." I said and my voicr cracks when I cried.

"Alright! I'll respect your decision."

I know the Phoenix is on my side. We are one and every decision I make needs a respect from the divine beast. What's the cause of being called the strongest warlock if I can't bring back the dead?

Mother and Selene came back together with Garreth's men. They took Dregan's body and mother planned to burned the body into ashes.

Wait.

Burned the body into ashes? If I am the Phoenix then I can resurrect Dregan from the ashes with my powers.

I ran out from the basement and went over to Selene's bedroom. I searched for the book about the sacred beasts and the divine beast. With my power, I saw the book that has the same intensity of flame as the Phoenix and I took it without any permission. I went to my room and read the book while they were busy burning Dregan's body outside the house.