Chapter 2: Broken pieces

I heard an alarm going off. I felt the body under me groan and grab the phone. The alarm was off and I opened my eyes to see Toni. He smiles at me ''Morning'' I say. ''Good morning'' He says in a raspy voice. We both get up and get dressed. Toni apparently went to my house and grabbed some clothes. I changed into the clothes Toni got me and I put on my iconic red lipstick. I opened my phone and I saw hundreds of messages from my mother, Betty, Veronica and Kevin:

Kevin: Cheryl we have to meet up for the project.

Kevin: Cheryl?

Kevin: CHERYL

--

Betty: Cousin where are you.

Betty: I need to talk to you.

Betty: Cheryl?

-

Veronica: CHERYL

Veronica: WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU

Veronica: I SWEAR TO GOD CHERYL MAJORIE BLOSSOM!

Me: Damn Veronica chill, I was busy.

-

Evil creature: Where are you.

Evil creature: Come home right now.

Evil creature: That's it. Never come to my house ever again. 

The last text from my evil mother broke my heart. She just kicked me, her own daughter out of her house. I broke down crying. I dropped my phone on the floor. Toni bursts through the door. ''Cheryl? Everything okay?'' He asks. He sees my phone and reads the text. He wraps me into a big hug. ''I'm so sorry Cheryl. Do you maybe want to stay with me for a bit?'' He says. I nod and wipe all my tears away. ''Thank you Toni'' I say and he smiles. ''But you have to know that I can't play nice at school. Everyone will notice if I will be nice to you'' I say. ''How about we 'fight' at school and just be civil here?'' He suggests and I smile nodding. ''I guess we have to go to school separately too'' I say and he pouts. I giggle and peck him on his cheek. Toni went on his motorbike and I went walking. 

Toni's POV

I wanted to take Cheryl on my bike but I knew people would see. Honestly, I really liked Cheryl. I want to ask her on a date but I don't think she wants to make it public. I arrived at school and got inside. I walked to my locker and saw Fangs, Jug and Sweets walk over to me. I greet them and we talk for a bit. I suddenly see Cheryl walk in. We lock eyes and she smiles. I smile back but we make sure nobody sees. She walks over to Kevin, Betty and Veronica. I have 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 7th period with Cheryl so I was pretty happy. The bell rang and I got to my first lesson: music which I had with Cheryl. I walked into the classroom to see a woman in her 30s with glasses on. I sat down in the back and Cheryl sat down in the middle. Cheryl and some other students groaned as they saw the teacher. I thought her name was Grundy. Well, I saw it on my schedule so probably. She looked through the classroom. When she spotted me she smiles creepily. ''You there sweetie in the back?'' She says and I look at her. ''Me?'' I ask. ''Yes you, introduce yourself sweetie'' She says. I gulped at the nickname. I got up and looked over at Cheryl who was raging. She looked at me and I gave her a trusting look. She smiles and I got to the front of the class.

''Uh, well I'm Toni Topaz, live on the Southside, I'm a Serpent, I like playing guitar and football,'' I say. ''Very good sweetie'' She says and I quickly walk back to my seat.

(Time skip to lunch)

The bell rang and I went to the cafeteria. I saw Cheryl sitting at a table with the Vixens and Bulldogs. I walked over to the table where all the Serpents sat. I greeted them and we all talked about some stuff. I saw Weatherbee walk up to our table. ''All of you, those snake jackets are now banished. Get them off of you'' He says sternly. ''The fuck?! I yell and everyone murmurs too. Everyone in the cafeteria turned to look at our table. ''Language Mr Topaz!'' he says. I was raging. How?! We weren't bothering anyone. ''I rudely decline'' I say angrily. ''That's it! You're suspended for the week!'' He yells and I ignore him walking out of the cafeteria.

Cheryl's POV

I was sitting at our usual table. I wish I could sit with Toni. He was sitting with the other Serpents. We were all talking until I heard Toni yell. ''The fuck?!'' He yells. ''Language Mr Topaz!'' Weatherbee says. ''I rudely decline'' Toni says angrily. ''That's it! You're suspended for the week!'' He yells and Toni walks away. I felt so bad so I made up an excuse to go home. I grabbed my stuff and went to Toni's place. The door was unlocked so I opened the door to see nobody. I looked around the whole trailer. ''Toni?'' I shout. No answer. I heard yelling coming from the backyard. Once I get outside I see a raging Toni slamming a tree. ''Toni'' I say softly. He turns around to see me. His face softened immediately and he sat down leaning against the tree with his head in his hands. I sit down next to him. ''Why aren't you at school?'' He mumbles. ''Because I'm worried about you, obvi'' I say and he looks up. ''Thank you'' He says and I press a small kiss on his lips.

We go inside to sit on the couch. I lay my head on his shoulder. ''What are you gonna do about the Serpent jacket thing?'' I ask him. ''I don't know. I could confront him with the Serpents but that's not enough'' He replies. ''Maybe and I mean maybe, I could convince the whole school to stand up to Weatherbee'' I say and he looks at me shocked. ''But you said-'' He said but I cut him off. ''I know, I know but I don't want people to think less of you and the Serpents so I can ask all my friends'' I say and he smiles big. ''Thank you Cheryl'' He says and I give him a peck on his lips. 

-

-

-

-

-

Hey, thanks for reading!

Do you want me to continue?