Chapter 37: Beach

Toni's POV

Yesterday, Cheryl and I went home to sleep and pack for tomorrow. I wake up to my alarm and hear Cheryl groan. I kiss her forehead and she opens her eyes with a smile. ''Let's pack our last stuff'' I suggest and she nods. We both get out of bed and get changed.

Cheryl was very busy with packing her stuff and I just had to get my phone, sunscreen, a towel and my sunglasses. I wore my red swimming trunks with a white blouse and Cheryl wore a red bikini with a white dress over it. 

We both finished and drove to the beach. We see Veronica, Betty, Jughead, Archie and Reggie already there, preparing some kind of camp setting. ''Hey guys!'' Veronica greets us with a smile. We greet her back and help the others. Later on, the rest arrives and all of the boys decide to swim. The girls, on the other hand, want to sunbathe. 

I peck Cheryl's lips and join the guys in the water. Reggie brought a mini football for us to throw around. The water was peaceful and it was really quiet on the beach, other than the guys yelling and shouting. 

Cheryl's POV

The guys were playing in the water and we had a great view on it. I get a buzz from my phone and look to see what it is. It was from this college I applied to in LA. I know, I didn't tell Toni but I didn't want to jinx anything. I turn away from the girls and look at the message:

'Mrs Blossom, this is your last chance to enter Heaver University. Do you accept or deny?'

'Accept?'

'Message sent'

Aw crap. 

So I gotta live in LA now?

I had to tell Toni but I didn't know how. He would be crushed. I quickly put my phone away and joined to girls again. We decided to go swimming with the boys so we walk towards the ocean. Toni sees us and smiles at me. I smile back. That damn smile.

I slowly went into the water and made my way over to Toni. I didn't want to swim further so I just wrapped my legs around Toni and held onto him. He kisses my cheek and rests his hands on my waist. ''I have to tell you something later'' I whisper in Toni's ear. He smiles; I wish he knew it wasn't something like that.

We continued to swim and after that, we got out of the water. Toni made up a fire and we all sat down by the fire. I shared a blanket with Toni and we were all talking and joking around. ''I missed this'' Josie says and everyone agrees. ''I can't believe that in a few days we'll graduate'' Betty says. I look over at Toni and he had an...uneasy expression?

''I'll miss y'all'' Jughead says and everyone agrees. Suddenly, I hear Kevin sob. ''Kevin, what's wrong?'' Sweet Pea asks. ''What about me? How am I supposed to live in a Choni-less world?'' he says overdramatic, making us all laugh. ''Guys, I'm sure there will be some kind of reunion'' I say and they nod. 

Soon, it was night again and we all go home.

When we get home, I decide it's time to tell Toni.

''You know about that thing I wanted to tell you?'' I ask Toni and he nods.

''Well, um, I'm going to Heaver'' 

-----

...