Chapter 19: The truth

Toni's POV

Today is the day that Cheryl and I are going to visit Penelope. I didn't trust Penelope with my guts, but Cheryl wanted to see her.  

Cheryl and I were both awake pretty early. I noticed Cheryl was really tensed this morning. She was also really quiet on her phone, which was not a normal thing. ''You okay, babe?'' I ask Cheryl who was sitting beside me. She just nodded a bit nervously. ''C'mere'' I say and open up my arms, dropping my phone. She looks at me and crawls into my arms. ''Are you nervous about your mother?'' I ask and she nods.''Look, I know what I said yesterday but there is a chance that she changed. And if she isn't, then we won't have to see her ever again, okay?'' I say. ''Okay'' She mumbles and cuddles into me. I kiss her head and we stay there for a bit. 

We decided to get dressed for school. I put on some jeans and a red shirt. Cheryl wore a red dress and her iconic red lipstick. ''Ready?'' I ask her while putting my hand out. ''Yup'' She says and grabs my hand. We walk to my bike and get on. We shortly arrived at school and got off of my bike. After going to our lockers, we walked to the lounge room. ''Hey guys'' I greet our friends. ''Hi Choni'' Kevin says and I grin. Cheryl and I sit down and we talk. ''So you're really going to meet up with Penelope?'' Betty asks and we nod. ''That bitch better not hurt my Cheryl'' Ronnie says. ''1) She's mine. 2) You are free to stand on the lookout outside the Thistlehouse'' I say and Cheryl kisses my cheek. ''I would love to'' Veronica says and smiles. ''Can I bring my knife?'' She asks and everyone gasps in shock. ''Sure, but you can only use it when I order you to'' I say and she nods. 

School went by fast and it was now time for the confrontation with Penelopenis. 

I was waiting outside for Ronnie and Cheryl until they came out of school, walking up to me. ''Hey baby'' Cheryl says and kisses me. ''Hey'' I say and smile. ''Let's go to the Devil's house'' Cheryl says. ''I am ready'' Ronnie says and takes out her knife. ''Okay! Save it for later'' I say and she puts it back in her pocket. We all drive to the Thistlehouse. ''Alright Ronnie, you stay here. I have a little remote that I can press if something's going on. When I press the red button, you have to come inside and you can do anything you want. If I push the white button, we don't need back up, yet. If I push the green button, we're clear but you have to stay, just in case. Got it?'' I say. ''Hell yes'' She says and wishes us good luck.

Cheryl and I were walking towards the door until she stopped middle way. ''I'm scared, but I want to know if she changed'' She speaks up. I intertwine our fingers and kiss her knuckles. She looks at me. ''I will be with you every second and I will protect you with my whole life'' I say and she smiles. She pecks my lips and rings the doorbell. The door unlocked and I felt Cheryl tense up. I rub her hand and she calms down. The door opened and we see Penelope standing there. ''Chery, you came'' She says a bit shocked. ''Of course, I came'' Cheryl says. Penelope looks at me. ''And you brought Toni'' She says and nods at me. ''Mrs. Blossom'' I greet her. ''Please come in'' She says and we step into the house. ''Take a seat'' She says and we both sit down. She brings us two cups of tea. ''Thank you'' Cheryl says and Penelope takes a seat too. ''Cheryl, I am truly sorry for the way I treated you. I wasn't there for you when you needed me and I called you things no one should be called. I promise you I will never do that again. I took therapy and I really changed. I just want my daughter back'' She says and Cheryl nods. ''I believe you'' Cheryl says and Penelope looks shocked. She immediately hugs Cheryl and Cheryl hugs her back. I press the green button that is in my pocket.

I clear my throat and they both turn to me. ''Uh, I think I'm gonna go. You two obviously need to catch up'' I say and quickly get up but Cheryl caught my arm. ''No baby, stay'' She says and I sit down next to Cheryl. ''Toni, I want to apologize to you too but also thank you. Because you took care of Cheryl when I was horrible to her. I'm sorry'' She says and I just simply nod. My phone buzzed and I saw it was Veronica who was texting me:

Ronnie: Everything okay?

Ronnie: I will kill Penelope if you want me to

Me: Relax Ronnie, she actually changed. 

Ronnie: THE HELL?!

Me: I know, you can go now. Thanks for looking out

Ronnie: No problem

-

''Cheryl, Toni, I was thinking and I want you two to take the Thistlehouse with Nana Rose'' Penelope says. ''What?'' Cheryl asks shocked. ''What about Claudius?'' I ask her. ''We found another house. We wanted to sell The Thistlehouse but we thought you two could use it'' She says. Cheryl and I looked at each other. ''We'll gladly take it. Thank you, Mrs Blossom'' I say. ''It's no problem and please call me Penelope'' She says and I nod. ''Hey babe, could you check on Nana Rose?'' I ask Cheryl and she nods walking upstairs. ''Listen, Penelope, tell me right here right now that you are not lying. I don't want you to ruin Cheryl. She means too much to me, so please'' I say. ''Toni, I promise you. I will never hurt Cheryl anymore. I messed up one time, I don't wanna mess it up again'' She says. ''Thank you'' I say and Cheryl comes back. ''We will come back tomorrow to bring our stuff'' I say and she nods. ''Thank you for this chance'' She says and we both nod. Cheryl grabs my hand and we walk outside. Cheryl sighs in relieve. ''I'm glad your mother changed'' I say. ''I know, I can't wait for us to live at the Thistlehouse'' She says and pecks my lips. I grin and we drive back home. 

Sweet Pea's POV

Ronnie just informed me about the whole situation with Cheryl and Toni. I was surprised that bitch actually changed but I'm happy for Red. Although, I did have a financial problem that I might not have told Ronnie about. We live together but I'm short on money and I do not want to ask Ronnie for money. (Hey that rhymed! LOL)

''Hey babe'' I heard Ronnie say. I turned around and she was standing there. ''Hey'' I say and kiss her. ''Something wrong?'' She asks. ''Uh, I kind of don't have any money to pay the rent'' I confess. ''Why don't you borrow-'' She begins but I cut her off. ''Nope, I'm not gonna borrow money from my girlfriend'' I say. ''Well, I think I know someone who has a place... Or should I say two people?'' She says with a smile. I grin and kiss her. 

-

Toni's POV (Fast forward to when they are bringing their stuff)

Cheryl and I were at my trailer, packing our stuff. Until someone knocked on the door. I opened the door and Sweet Pea and Ronnie were standing there. ''Hey Tones'' He says and hugs me. ''Hey Sweets, Ronnie'' I say. Cheryl came up to us and slid her arm around my waist. ''How can we help you guys?'' I ask them and they have an uneasy look. ''We can't pay for our rent anymore, so we wanted to ask you guys if you have some space left'' Ronnie says. I look at Cheryl and she nods. ''Of course, we have six bedrooms and I think it will be dope to live with the four of us'' I say. ''Thank you so much guys'' Sweet Pea and hugs us in a crushing hug. 

''I would pack if I was you, we're about to bring all our stuff'' I say and they quickly leave. ''I am looking so forward to move in with you, Sweet Pea and Ronnie'' Cheryl says and I grin pecking her lips. ''I love you'' I say. ''Love you too'' She says and we go back to packing. 

30 minutes later, Sweets and Ronnie arrived. Sweets and I put all of our stuff into my car and we drove to the Thistlehouse. We got out of my car and loaded all of our stuff out of my car. ''Hello mother'' Cheryl says. ''Welcome everyone'' She says and we nod. Once we were all settled, we sat down in the living room. 

''I still can't believe it'' I say and they smile. ''Let's all head to bed'' Ronnie suggests and we all agree. Cheryl rests her head on my chest and I wrap my arm around her waist. ''Love you'' She mumbles. ''Love you too'' I say and kiss her forehead.

-

Hey guys!

Feel free to comment, share and vote so I can update more often!

Thanks for reading!

Bye!