Chapter 43: What happened

Toni's POV

Lately, I've been on dates and all. But all I keep thinking about is Cheryl. I stopped talking to her even though I was still in Riverdale to visit my parents.

Maybe Cheryl and I weren't meant to be. It breaks my heart but I have to accept it. Seeing her with Josh made me angry. But Josh didn't do anything. He got her when I let her go. God, I miss Cheryl. 

I was now in my parents' guest room's bathroom, smoking with the window open for the smoke to escape. Then, I heard a knock on the door, making me blow out all of the smoke out of my mouth and close the window. 

My mom comes in and I greet her with a smile. ''Still smoking?'' She asks me. ''Pretty much, yeah'' I reply and she sighs. ''There's someone for you downstairs, currently talking to your father'' She says, making me go down the stairs. I hear a female voice talking to my dad.

I reach the floor downstairs and walk towards the living room. Then, my stomach drops. There was Cheryl, sitting across from my dad. They notice me and turn to look at me. ''Ah, Antonio, Cheryl came by'' My dad says.

''Hi'' I greet her. ''Hi'' She replies. ''I'll let you talk'' He says, getting up. ''No, dad. It's fine. We're going to talk on the porch'' I tell him and he nods with a smile. Cheryl gets up and follows me to the porch outside. When we get outside, I see Cheryl shiver. ''Here'' I say and take off my jacket, giving it to her. ''Thanks'' She says. ''What are you doing here?'' I ask her.

''I came to tell you that Josh and I broke up'' She says. ''Oh no. What happened? Did he break up with you?'' I say but she shakes her head. ''I broke up with him'' She says. ''What, why would you do that?'' I ask her confused. ''Because I told him that there's someone else that I really like" She says. Who could that possibly be?

"Oh yeah, who?" I ask her and she giggles. "You..." She trails off. "M-me?" I ask confused. "Yes, you" She answers. "Well, I really like you, too" I say, making her smile.

"So, are we going to see what happens next?" She asks me. "Yeah, we will" I answer and kiss her.

I can feel her smile and when we pull back, she hugs me tightly, instantly making me wrap my arms around her.

We hug for a good 10 minutes until Cheryl has to go home.

A couple of weeks later...

It's been a few weeks and Captain Gray told me to have a few weeks off because I work like every day. So here I am; Walking down the streets in Riverdale.

Cheryl and I have been on dates before I left. After I left, we've been calling and texting each other every day. So today, I'm going to ask her to be my girlfriend again.

I just arrived at the Thistlehouse and knock on the door. The door opens revealing Cheryl. "Hey" I greet her. "Hi" She says with a smile and pecks my lips. "Do you wanna go on a date?" I ask her. "You bet" She answers. "Come in. I'll change and be right down" She says and lets me in, running up the stairs.

After a bit, she comes downstairs and I hold out my hand. She grabs it without hesitation, making me smile.

We walk to the park and sit down on a bench. "So?" She asks me. "So?" I ask her and she giggles. "Why did you come to Riverdale out of nowhere?" She asks me. "I wouldn't say 'out of nowhere'" I say and she looks at me curiously.

"I came here to ask you something important" I say and she looks at me, waiting for me to continue. I take a deep breath. "Cheryl Blossom, will you be mine again?" I ask her.

She looks shocked. "R-really?" She asks me in disbelief.

"It's always been you, Cher" I say, making her smile big.

"You know I will" She replies and kisses me slowly. We pull back and I wrap my arms around her.

We both talk for a while and decide to head home.

-----

🥰