Chapter 26: Surprise

Toni's POV

My mom asked me if I could babysit Madi again. But this time only for today. I almost forgot until I heard the doorbell ring. Cheryl and I were still in bed because it was Saturday. ''Shit, I forgot we have to babysit Madi'' I say and Cheryl immediately sits up straight. ''I know! You distract Madi for a bit and I'll clean a bit'' I tell her and she nods, quickly getting dressed and goes downstairs to open the door. I quickly clean up Madi's room so she can play there with her toys. After a little bit, I was finished and went downstairs.

''Look who's here Madi'' Cheryl says and they both turn to look at me. Madi looks at me with a huge smile and runs towards me. ''Tonio!'' She says and jumps into my arms. ''Hi Bubba'' I say and she giggles. ''What do you wanna do today?'' I ask her and she thinks for a moment. ''I wanna watch a movie!'' She says. ''Do you want Sweet Pea and Veronica to join us?'' I ask her and she quickly nods. ''Why don't you two pick a movie? I'll go get them'' I say and Cheryl takes Madi to pick out a movie. 

I go upstairs and knock on Sweet Pea and Veronica's door. The door opens, revealing the two already dressed. ''Hey Tones'' Veronica greets me with a smile and I greet her back. ''Madi is here and she wants to watch a movie with the all of us'' I say and they nod. ''Let's go'' Sweet Pea says and we all head downstairs. ''You guys go ahead, I'm going to make some popcorn'' I say and they nod, going to the mini cinema. I open the cabinet and grab a bag of corn kernels and put it in the microwave for a bit. The microwave signals that the popcorn is done and I put the popcorn in a bowl. I head to the mini cinema and see everyone huddled up, waiting to start the movie. ''Finally'' Cheryl says and Madi turns on the movie. I grin and place the bowl on the table in front of us. Cheryl pats the seat next to her and I sit down, wrapping my arm around her. 

We all watch the movie Madi picked out and ate some popcorn. When the film credits appeared onto the screen, I decided to turn on the lights and see that Madi was asleep. I carry her upstairs and gently place her on the bed, covering her with a blanket. I walk out of her room and close the door behind me, walking downstairs again. Cheryl kisses me and I wrap my arm around her. We were just chilling on the couch until we all got a message from our text group:

Maya🤙: Guys, you need to come to Pops now.

Me: Why, what's going on?

Kevin🌈: Yeah, you're kind of scaring me rn.

Josie🎤: It's nothing. Maya and I have some news to share.

-

-

The four of us go to my car and I drive us to Pops. We all get out and walk inside Pops. We see Maya and Josie sitting at a booth and walk towards them, sitting down. ''Guys, what's up?'' Veronica asks. ''We have to wait for the others'' Josie says a bit uneasy. ''No need to! We came as soon as possible'' Kevin says and all of the others walk over and sit down. 

''Okay so, the news we're going to share is that-'' Maya begins but gets cut off by Kevin. ''You're dating!'' He says excitedly and we all turn to look at them. They both have shocked faces. ''H-How did you know?'' Josie asks Kevin. ''My gay-dar was going crazy'' He chuckles and the two girls look slightly nervous. ''Guys, you have nothing to worry about. We're happy for you two! Not going to lie, you two were the only singles'' I say and everyone agrees, chuckling. ''Thanks guys, I guess it was a bit weird to come out'' Josie says and looks at Maya. ''Well, Tones, Sweets, Fangs and Jug already knew I liked girls'' Maya says and shrugs. ''You knew she liked girls and didn't tell me?'' Cheryl asks a bit offended. ''Why would you care?'' I ask her. ''Well, if you told me, I would tell all the girls. Which instantly would help to couple them up!'' She says with a bit of an attitude. ''Calm down babe. I think they were more comfortable doing it themselves than you snooping into their business'' I say and look at the new couple. ''He's right'' Maya says and Josie agrees. Cheryl scoffs and slumps into her seat, refusing to look at me. 

''Aw babe, are you going to ignore me now?'' I ask her and she stays silent. ''I'll take you to the mall and buy you a present'' I say, grabbing a fry and putting it into my mouth. Immediately after, Cheryl intertwines our fingers and pecks my cheek. I laugh and kiss her head. ''Oh my gosh, my Choni heart is exploding'' Kevin says and grabs his chest. Everyone laughs and we all eat. 

After a bit, everyone finished their food. ''Well, we have to drop off Madi at my parents' so we'll see you guys at school'' I say and get up. ''Bye Choni!'' Kevin says and I grin. The four of us all drive back home. I go upstairs and see that Madi is still sleeping. ''Bubba, wake up'' I say and she slowly opens her eyes. ''Tonio?'' She says lazily. ''It's time to drop you off'' I say and she nods. ''Okay, let me get my toys'' She says and gets ready.

After a bit, Madi came downstairs with her toys. ''Ready Bubba?'' I ask her and she nods. Cheryl takes Madi's hand and helps her in the car seat. We drive to my parents' house but I forgot to fill up the tank. So halfway I noticed there was only a little bit of fuel. ''Oh man. I forgot to fill up the tank'' I say. ''That's okay baby. There's a gas station right there'' Cheryl says and points to a nearby gas station. I drive to the gas station and get out to fill up the tank. ''Tonio! Can I come out?'' Madi asks me. ''Fine Bubba, but stay close. It's very dark'' I say and she nods, getting out of the car. She stands outside and I turn to fill the tank. 

Everything seemed normal until I heard Madi scream. I immediately turn around and see that a shadow took Madi and the figure was now running. 

''MADI, NO!''

-

Whoops-