Chapter 5: The perfect imperfect

Toni's POV

My alarm went off and I groaned. I turned it off and looked down to see Cheryl sleeping peacefully. ''Babe wake up'' I say and she groans. ''5 minutes'' She mumbles. ''Nope sorry'' I say and she groans again. ''Come on babe'' I say and she doesn't move. I got out of the bed and Cheryl was still laying on the bed. ''Babe get up'' I say again and she groans. ''I warned you'' I say and she still doesn't move. I go to the bathroom and grab a little bottle and fill it with water. ''I'm giving you one last warning. Wake up'' I say. ''No'' She mumbles. ''You're own fault'' I say and dump the water over her. She immediately jumps up and gasps. ''What the hell Toni?!'' She shouts and walks away angrily. ''Warned you'' I chuckle. ''Yeah whatever'' She says and gets dressed. I waited downstairs for Cheryl and she came downstairs. ''Ready?'' I say and she just shrugs and steps onto my bike. This time she didn't hold onto my waist but on the side of the bike. I grinned knowing that she couldn't keep this up. We arrived at school and got off my bike. Cheryl was still ignoring me. ''You can at least hold my hand'' I told her and she grabbed my hand. We walked towards the student lounge to see all of our friends there. I sat down and Cheryl sat on my lap. ''Why do I feel so much Choni tension?'' Kevin asks. ''So you can notice it huh?'' I say. ''Duh, what's going on with you two?'' Veronica asks. ''Toni decided to wake me up by pouring water on me'' Cheryl speaks up. Everyone gasps. ''Toni! How could you do that?'' Betty says shocked. ''Yeah man!'' Archie says. ''It was her own fault. I tried to wake her up 4 times so I already warned her'' I say and they all ooooohhh. ''This is ridiculous'' Cheryl says. ''Babe you're being unreasonable'' I say. ''Josie, please tell Toni that I'm not being unreasonable'' She says and Josie repeats what she says. I roll my eyes. ''So you're gonna play like that and have this attitude all day?'' I say. ''Kevin, tell Toni that I will play like this and have my attitude like this all day'' She says and Kevin repeats. ''Fine, if you're gonna be like this all day'' I say. I grab her waist and get her off of my lap. I grab my backpack and leave the room ignoring everyone trying to get me back.

Cheryl's POV

Okay so Toni just left the lounge. Now I feel bad. I didn't think he would react like this. ''Wow what were you thinking Cher?'' Veronica asks and everyone agrees. ''I was upset'' I defended myself. ''And you didn't think about how Toni could feel like if his girlfriend is ignoring him?'' Betty says. ''No'' I say. ''Oh my god Cheryl now you have made this stupid fight even bigger'' Kevin says. ''What do I do?'' I ask them. ''Make it up!'' Veronica says and everyone agrees. ''How?'' I say. ''He probably will try to avoid you today so maybe you will see him at the try outs for the team'' Reggie says. ''Wait Toni's trying out?'' Josie asks. ''Yeah, I convinced him to and he told me he would for me'' I say. ''I hope he will'' Kevin says and I nod. The bell rang and we all went to class. Today I had my first class with Toni. I got into the classroom and sat down. Eventually I saw Toni walk into the classroom. He spotted me and sat in the back because he saw that I sat in the front. I sighed. The teacher came in and the lesson started. Toni didn't even look at me. I wrote something on a paper and threw it on his desk.

You okay?

xx C

He opened it and read it. He looked at me with no expression. He crumbled the paper up and threw it in the bin. That actually made me sad. Our class was over and the rest of my classes were boring because Toni wasn't there. Now it was time for lunch. I sat down at a table with all my friends. I was looking for Toni. I spotted him talking to his friends. Normally, he would sit with us but today he sat down at the Serpent table. I couldn't believe this was our first argument.

Toni's POV

I was actually a little bit mad because Cheryl literally ignored me for some stupid thing. Archie and Reggie convinced me to still try out for football. I got dressed in the boys locker room. ''Show me what you can do Topaz!'' Coach said. ''Yes sir!'' I say and he laughs. I caught every ball perfect and threw every ball perfect. Once I was finished all the guys came up running to me and told me how good I did. I never really loved something this much as football. Then I heard cheering. I turned around to see the Vixens cheering for me. When I saw Cheryl a knot formed in my stomach. Betty and Veronica came up running to me. ''Toni, Cheryl wants to speak to you'' They say. ''Thanks where is she?'' I say. ''I think by the bleachers'' Veronica says and I walk towards the bleachers to see Cheryl sitting there alone. ''You wanted to speak to me?'' I say and she immediately looks up. ''Yes'' She says and pats the seat next to her. I sit down next to her. ''I'm so sorry for overreacting. I was being stubborn'' She says a bit sobbing I wipe away a tear that escaped her eye. ''It's okay. Sorry for walking away and ignoring you'' I say. She smiles and I smile back. I kiss her and she smiles. I pull her in for a hug. ''Let's go home'' I say and she nods. I got dressed and waited outside for Cheryl. She came out and spotted me. She walked towards me and smiled. She grabs my hand and we walk to my bike. She got on and wrapped her arms around my waist. We drove back to my trailer.