Chapter 9: Memories

Cheryl's POV

It was a few days after I broke up with Toni but I didn't hear from him. I started to get a little bit worried. I was in the lounge room with my friend until I heard someone. ''YO NORTHSIDE BITCH'' I heard someone shout and I turn around to see Sweet Pea, Jughead and Fangs raging. ''Yeah you! What the hell do you think you're doing?!'' Fangs says angrily. ''W-What do you mean?'' I stuttered. ''You broke up with Toni!'' Jughead says. ''Yeah because he cheated on me'' I say in a bitchy tone. ''No he didn't! Grundy tried to kiss him but he refused. Then he flipped out on her. After you broke his heart he came to the Whyte Wyrm and got wasted. He even declined a girl who wanted to sleep with him because he loves you! Can't you understand?! And now he's in the hospital probably dying'' Sweet Pea says his voice almost breaking and my heart dropped. ''W-Why?'' I ask. ''After he got wasted he got on his bike and got in an accident'' Jughead says and I immediately get up. The whole squad joins in and we all head to the hospital. Once we arrived I jumped out of the car and ran to the reception. ''Hi, my friend Toni Topaz got into an accident'' I say. ''Room 324'' She says and we all head to room 324. The nurse told us to all wait outside. I felt horrible. Toni got wasted because of me. Toni got into an accident because of me. Toni's heart was broken because of me. I accused him of cheating while he didn't cheat on me. Now he might not be here anymore. All because of me. I cried into Kevin's chest and waited for the nurses. Everyone stayed all night long waiting for Toni. We all waited anxiously. Finally the doctor came out and we all looked at him. ''Family and friends for Topaz?'' He says and we all say 'here'. He walks over to us. ''Mr Topaz isn't in a good condition. He is very unstable but he is alive. For now. He broke his leg and bruised most of his ribs. He lost a lot of blood. He is now in a coma but there is a chance he might not make it while he's in the coma. We're trying everything we can but for now all you can do is wait'' He says and Sweet Pea stands up. ''Wait?! How can I wait when I know my little brother can die?!'' He yells in frustration. Veronica sits next to him and comforts him. ''I can't believe it'' Fangs says and shakes his head while pacing around. ''We're really sorry but there is nothing we can do anymore'' He says. ''HOW 'BOUT YOU HEAL HIM? HOW ABOUT YOU SAVE HIM?!'' Sweet Pea yells angrily and the doctor steps back. Fangs and Jughead calm Sweet Pea down. When Sweet Pea was calm again he glared at me. ''You can visit him if you want to'' The doctor says and we nod. ''You coming Cher?'' Kevin asks but I shake my head. ''It's best if I don't with everyone'' I say and he nods in understanding. After a while everybody left except for me. I stepped into the room and saw Toni. So innocent. I grabbed his hand. ''Toni, I'm sorry for thinking you cheated. I'm sorry I broke your heart. If I could I would take it all back. Please don't give up on us Toni. I'm begging you please don't give up. Wake up, please Toni'' I sobbed quietly. I was hopeless without Toni. I was lost without Toni. He was my soulmate. He made me feel better about myself. We were so happy. And now, it was probably all over. I kiss his forehead and leave.

-

Toni's POV

I felt someone press their lips on my forehead. I wanted to open my eyes but I couldn't. Suddenly I felt my a pain in my chest. I heard the monitor go slower every time I breathe.

-

Cheryl's POV

Everyone was sitting in the lounge at school waiting for the bell to ring. I actually didn't care about school. The only thing I cared about is Toni. We were all talking until Veronica came up running to us. ''Guys!'' She shouts and we all look at her. ''What is it babe?'' Sweet Pea says. ''It's Toni. H-He just passed'' Veronica says and everyone was silent. Toni was dead. ''No, no, no that's not possible. He is supposed to make it out alive!'' Sweet Pea says and sheds a tear. ''When?'' Betty asks. ''Just now'' She answered. Fangs, Sweet Pea and Jughead were crying, which I have never saw. ''No, you're wrong! Toni is a fighter, he's not dead. He's not!'' Sweet Pea yells. ''Yes he is. You have to face it, he's gone'' Archie says calming Sweet Pea down. Sweet Pea broke down crying. Everyone I saw in the room was so vulnerable. I didn't know what to say. Toni, the love of my life died. He died because I hurt him. I love him. I will never stop loving him. I broke down crying too and Josie patted my back. ''What are you crying about?! You did this to him! You made him miserable!'' Sweet Pea yells and I step back. Fangs and Jughead hold him back.

I was standing by the coffin. It had a picture of Toni smiling. He was really dead. Now there was nothing anybody could do to help him. I cleared my throat and began my speech. ''Thank you all for joining us saying goodbye to Toni Topaz. Toni was very special to me. I did something stupid before the accident. I love him with all my heart. He was a brother, a friend, a quarterback but also a boyfriend'' I said and began sobbing. I rested my hand on his coffin. ''Come back to me TT, don't leave me'' I sobbed and felt someone hug me. I saw it was Veronica. I continued sobbing. I said my goodbye to Toni and he got buried.

-

Dun dun duuuuuun. So yeah, sorry for another cliffhanger. Is it the end? I honestly don't know. Thanks for all the support you show and comment!