Chapter 35: Jason.

Toni's POV

I hear my alarm go off and I groan, turning it off. I open my eyes and look down to expect Cheryl but she wasn't there. Slowly, I get dressed and go downstairs to see Cheryl making pancakes. She notices me and smiles. ''Morning, baby'' She greets me and pecks my lips. ''Hey, babe. What are you doing all dressed up?'' I ask her. ''I'm going to school'' She answers. ''Are you sure you're ready to go back to school? Weatherbee says it's okay'' I say and she nods. ''I'm fine'' She lies. 

''Where are the others?'' I ask her. ''Still asleep'' She replies. I walk towards the cinema and see everyone still asleep. ''Wake up!'' I yell and everyone wakes up. ''The hell?'' Sweet Pea says and everyone groans. ''Listen up'' I say and they look at me.''Cheryl insists on going to school so I want everyone to keep an eye on her'' I say and they nod. ''Now get ready for school and breakfast'' I say and they get up. ''Alright, if there's a chance of getting food'' Jughead says and they all change. 

I walk out of the cinema and sit down on the couch. Eventually, the rest joins me and we all eat breakfast. We all finish and get into the cars to school. We arrive at school and walk inside to go to our lockers. All of our lockers were next to each other so that was nice. Mine was next to Reggie and Fangs. 

I got all of my stuff and made my way over to Cheryl's locker that was next to Kevin and Maya. I was really worried about Cheryl. I mean, last night was violent. She's not fine, She's broken. So I decided to check up on her for like the 10th time today.

''Babe, are you sure you're okay?'' I ask her. ''Yes, I am fine'' She says a bit annoyed. ''Really? Because It's fine if you're not you don't have to-'' I say but she cuts me off. ''I said I am fine goddammit, leave me alone!'' She shouts and kicks my ankle. 

''Holy mother of shit'' I say and almost fall until Fangs and Sweet Pea catch me. I look over at Cheryl terrified. She looks at me with shock. ''Oh my god. I'm so sorry'' She says and reaches out to me but I hold out my hand. ''It's fine. I'll leave you alone'' I say and try to stand but I can't. ''Crap'' I say and clutch my ankle. ''Let's get you to the nurse'' Fangs says and I nod. They both support me on each side so I can walk. I look behind my shoulder to see Cheryl standing there with guilt. 

Cheryl's POV

I fucked up real bad. Honestly, I'm not okay. I get flashbacks about those days. It's freaking me out and I unleashed at Toni. ''Shit'' I mumble. ''It's not your fault Cheryl'' Josie says. ''Yes it is. He was looking out for me and I randomly kicked him'' I say. ''Let's just continue school and see how Toni is later'' Maya suggests and we all agree. 

Toni's POV

We were now waiting for the nurse and it hurt like shit. ''I shouldn't have asked her if she was fine every minute'' I say. ''She just needs a bit of time for herself. You'll probably see her after school or at lunch'' Fangs says and I nod, thanking him. ''Alright, it seems like you got a bruised ankle. I'm going to give you these crutches to walk with and you'll be fine in about a week'' The nurse says and I thank her while she hands me the crutches.

We exit the nurse's office and go to our class. ''Mr Topaz, where have you been?'' The teacher asks. ''The nurse'' I answer and show him my ankle. ''Sit down'' He says and I nod, sitting next to Veronica and Reggie. ''You okay, Toni?'' Veronica asks me and I nod. 

-------

Lunch was over and I think Cheryl decided to talk to me after school. The rest of school of boring af. I was in my last class with Betty, Archie and Reggie. The last bell rings and we all get up to go home. I got to my locker and walk outside while talking to Betty. ''So, we have to partner up with someone from our class?'' I ask her and she nods. ''Pretty sure Archie and Reggie are going to do it together'' she says. ''How about we do it together?'' I ask her and she smiles. ''Sounds nice. I'll text you my address and we'll work on it later today'' She says and I nod. We walk further and I spot Cheryl. ''I have to talk to Cheryl. I'll see you later'' I tell her. ''Ooh'' She says and leaves with a smile. 

''Hey'' I greet Cheryl. ''Hi'' She says softly. ''Are you still mad at me?'' She asks me. ''I was never mad at you'' I say and she looks up. ''You're not?'' She asks me and I shake my head. ''I'm sorry I kicked you. I'm not ready to go back to school'' She says, tears welling up in her eyes. I wrap my arms around her and kiss her head. ''It's okay'' I say and she sniffles a bit. ''Let's go home'' I suggest and she nods. We drive to the Thistlehouse. 

I want to go inside but Cheryl tugs on my arm. ''I want to show you something'' She says and grabs my hand, leading me to the backyard where I see a tombstone. It said 'Here lies Jason Blossom'. I look at Cheryl. ''This is where JJ was buried'' She says wiping a tear away. ''Hey, why don't you go inside. I'll be right in'' I tell her and she nods, pecking my lips. 

Once I see her go inside, I kneel in front of the tombstone. ''Hey Jason, it's me, Toni. I'm Cheryl's boyfriend'' I tell him. ''Claudius sent her to the Sisters Of Quiet Mercy. I managed to save her but it was a close call. I'm sorry I never got to meet you, I'll try to protect Cheryl as you did. We'll never forget about you'' I say and rest my hand on his tombstone. 

Cheryl's POV

I decided to look out of the window to see what Toni was up to and when I saw what he did I felt tears in my eyes. He comes inside and sees me crying. ''Is everything okay?'' He asks me and I nod with a smile. ''Thank you for being so understanding'' I say and hug him. He wraps his arms around me and kisses my head. ''You know I'd do anything for you'' He says and pecks my lips. 

Toni's POV

''Oh shoot. I have to go to Betty's'' I say. ''Why?'' She asks. ''We're partners for some project'' I answer and she nods. ''Are you going to be okay? Do you want me to stay?'' I ask her. ''I'll be fine. I'll hang out with Ronnie'' She says. ''Be back soon'' She adds and I nod smiling. I leave and drive to Betty's house.

--------