Chapter 39: 6 years later...

Toni's POV

Another day at work. Man, this job is the best. 

Since I left Riverdale, I went to college in New York and later on, I got a job as a detective at the 79th precinct. The crew was just amazing. 

There was Cole, the total doofus

Kj, the ripped guy.

Camila, the badass Latina.

Lili, this nerdy type of girl.

Casey, the secretary, huge, nice bitch.

And then there was Captain Robert Gray.

I entered the lift and went up. I arrived at the office and got greeted by Cole. ''Hey Toni!'' He says excitedly. ''Hey Cole, morning'' I say and he smiles. ''Detective Topaz'' Captain Gray greeted me. ''Cap'' I say and he nods. 

I sit down at my desk, which was in front of Camila's. ''Hey'' She greets me. ''Morning'' I say. ''Toni, there you are, honey!'' Casey says and makes his way over to me. ''Casey, good morning'' I say and he smiles. ''Our post got like 300,000 likes'' He says and shows me the picture he took of me. ''That's awesome, Casey'' I say and he smiles. 

I go to the storage room and look for this file I need for my case. I hear the door open. ''Topaz, there are some people for you'' Captain Gray says. ''Yeah, I'll be right out'' I say and he leaves. I find the file and leave the room, walking towards my desk. ''Hey Tones!'' I hear a familiar voice say. I turn around and see Sweet Pea and Madi standing there. ''Hey guys'' I greet them and Madi hugs me. ''Look at you all grown up'' I say and she laughs. Sweet Pea pulls me into a hug and ruffles my hair. I slap his arm and he laughs. ''Why are you guys here?'' I ask them.

''There's this school reunion and Cheryl invited us all to a party and after that to sleepover at her house'' He says. Cheryl.

She never left my mind. How could she?

''It's cool if you don't want to sleepover but at least come to the reunion'' Sweet Pea says. ''Fine, I'll come to the party and I'll sleepover'' I say and he grins. ''Hell yeah'' He says. ''I hope I can take a week or two off, Cap?'' I ask Gray and he nods. ''Thanks, Cap'' I say and he smiles. I grab my bag and leave the precinct with Sweet Pea and Madi. 

Sweet Pea drives us to my apartment to get my stuff. I get a suit, some other clothes and shoes. Then, we drive to Riverdale. He drops off Madi and drives to his trailer. We get inside and I see Veronica. She lights up as she sees me. ''Oh my god'' She says and hugs me. ''Hey Ronnie'' I greet her and she smiles. ''We have to get you ready for tonight!'' She says and claps. 

She grabs my bag and pulls out my suit. ''You're already prepared!'' She says. ''Well, it is just a simple black tux with a black shirt'' I say. ''Perfect'' She says. ''Let me iron it'' She says and disappears. I turn to Sweet Pea. ''So, have you heard anything from Cheryl?'' I ask him and he gulps. ''Yeah, she, uh, has a boyfriend'' He says. ''Oh'' Was all I could say. I mean, I couldn't expect her to wait for 6 years. ''You okay?'' He asks me. ''I'm totally fine'' I lie. 

Veronica comes back with my suit and we all get dressed for the reunion. 

When we're all done, we drive to Riverdale High. There was this big sign that said 'High School Reunion'. We get out of the car and walk towards the entrance. Not gonna lie, I felt nervous and honestly, I would rather just go back to New York.

Sweet Pea opens the door and lets Veronica walk in, then he walks in and I walk in with my hands in my pocket. The hall was decorated decently. ''We're going to head to the rest'' Sweet Pea says. ''Yeah...I'll be right there'' I say and he smiles, leaving with Veronica. I see some old Bulldogs standing so I walk up to them. They greet me and I fake smile. 

I get a text:

Peaches: I heard you were in town. I have a party tonight, you in?

I sigh and close my phone.

I didn't want to spend another second here so I walk up to the rest, hoping they wouldn't see me from distance. ''Toni!'' I hear a familiar man voice shout. Aw crap.

I look up to see that it was Archie. I smile and he walks towards me. I hold out my hand but he pulls me into a hug. ''Since when are you so anti-social?'' He jokes and laughs. ''Hey Arch'' I greet him and he smiles. 

He puts his arm around me and we walk towards the rest. ''Guys, look who I found!'' Archie says excitedly, hiding me behind him. ''Who is it?'' I hear someone ask. ''Now'' Archie whispers and I step aside. ''Oh hell yes'' Reggie says and hugs me, I pat his back. ''Now the party can start!'' Betty says with a smile. ''Hey everyone'' I say. Kevin pulls me into a hug. ''Oh my god, my child has grown so much'' He says while holding my face. Yeah, I had a beard now. 

I chuckle lightly. ''I missed this'' Josie says. ''Yeah, when was the last time we got together?'' Fangs asks. ''The last time we got together was when-'' I say but I get cut off. ''Hey everyone!'' A cheery voice says. ''Cheryl!'' Veronica says and hugs Cheryl Blossom. 

''Everyone, this is Josh Smith, my boyfriend'' She says, pointing to the guy next to her. 

He was seriously nothing against me. I would throw him to the moon.

''Hi everybody'' He says. They all greet him back except for me. Cheryl notices and looks at me, her face turned in a frown. ''Hey, where's the bar?'' I ask Jug and he points to somewhere and I quickly leave the conversation. ''Long time no see'' I hear the bartender say. I look up and see Claws. ''Claws, how you doing?'' I ask him and he smiles. ''Been good, you wanna go outside for a bit?'' He asks me and I nod. 

We walk outside and I hesitate but get my pack of cigarettes out of my pocket. Claws sees it and he shakes his head. ''Nah, Toni. Don't be telling me you smoking now'' He says and I light a cigarette. ''Ever since Cheryl broke up with me, cigarettes were my only hope'' I say and take a puff. 

''So, how's the NYPD?'' He asks. ''Great, it's amazing. But I've always dreamt of having a perfect life, you know with a girlfriend'' I say. ''Is that 'girlfriend' Cheryl?'' He asks me. ''I don't know. Josh is probably better for her anyway'' I say and he shakes his head. ''Toni, you're the one for her'' He says. ''Maybe I was in High School. But I'm not anymore'' I say and we go back inside. 

''Hey Toni, we're going back to Cheryl's for the party. You're in Kevin's car with Josh and Cheryl'' Reggie says. 

''You've got to be shitting me''

I put my bag in Kevin's trunk and walk to Kevin's car and sit in the front, letting 'the stupid, not even cute at all, clingy couple sit in the back. We were driving to Cheryl's house and I was bothered by now. Because Cheryl and Josh were full-on making out. Then, I remembered that Peaches' house was on the way back to Cheryl's house, so when we were close, I signalled Kevin. 

''Pullover'' I say bluntly. ''What?'' Kevin asks. ''Pullover'' I repeat, my tone not changing. He does what I say and I get out, opening the trunk. I hear high heels clacking and sigh. ''What are you doing?'' Cheryl asks. ''Packing my bag'' I answer. ''Where are you going?'' She asks. ''Look, Cheryl, I don't have to tell you where I'm going, okay? Just...give it a rest'' I say, closing my bag. ''Will, you make it for the sleepover?'' She asks softly.

''Uh, I don't know, I'll see'' I say and throw the bag over my shoulder, walking to Peaches' house. I arrive and knock on the door. The door opens revealing Peaches. ''Toni, glad you could make it'' She says and I smile. She lets me in and I drink all of my problems away.

Kevin's POV

Honestly, I was in such a hard place right now.

I mean sure, Cheryl and Toni too but what about me?! Seeing Toni leave like that made me very upset. ''Why did he leave?'' Josh asks. ''He was a bit uncomfortable with you guys...kissing'' I say. ''What, is that not allowed here?'' he asks with a chuckle. ''No, no, of course, it's allowed'' I say with a smile.

Just not with you bitch.

''He's having a hard time'' I say. ''Ooh, breakup?'' He says, making me gulp and look at Cheryl. She had her head down.

 ''Yeah, kind of''

---------------