Chapter 25: Life

Narrator's POV

It was a normal day at Riverdale High. Students would walk into school to their lockers and talk with each other. Toni and Cheryl arrived at school and just did their normal routine. 

Toni's POV

Cheryl and I were now at my locker. I unlock my locker and grab my books, then close it. Cheryl grabs my hand and we walk to the lounge to see all of our friends already there. ''Hey guys'' I greet them and sit down next to Fangs. ''Hi Choni'' Kevin says and I grin while Cheryl sits next to Josie to probably gossip. ''Hey Arch?'' I ask Archie and he looks up. ''Did you ever consider to join the team again?'' I ask him. ''Always, why?'' He asks me. ''Well, as the captain, I want you back in the team. Take your old spot'' I say and he looks surprised. ''Really?'' He asks and looks at Reggie who was smiling. ''After the Myron situation, you deserve it'' I tell him and she smiles. ''I would love to. Thanks, Tones'' He says and I smile. ''No problem'' I tell him and we all continue to talk about random subjects. The bell rings and I grab Cheryl's hand. We all walk to our classes. 

Cheryl and the Vixens were already heading to the cafeteria while I was still talking to Mr Calin. After a bit, he let me go and I walked towards the cafeteria until I heard Coach's voice. ''Topaz!'' He says which made me turn around. ''What's up, Coach?'' I ask him. ''Practice is cancelled, something came up. Can you spread the word to the boys?'' He says. ''Of course'' I say and he thanks me. I walk to the cafeteria and spot the whole squad at our usual table. Cheryl spotted me and smiled. ''Hey guys'' I say and drop my bag, sitting next to Cheryl, pecking her lips. ''Hey Tones, what took you so long?'' Reggie asks. ''Coach came up to me and told me that practice is cancelled'' I say. ''Aw man'' Archie says. ''Oh shit, I forgot to tell the guys'' I say and get my phone out of my pocket, informing the guys in our group chat:

Bulldogs.💪

Me: Practice is cancelled so you don't have to come

Chuck: Got it

Moose: Thanks, Cap

I turn my phone off and put it back in my pocket, turning my attention back to the table. ''Will you stay for Vixen practice though?'' Cheryl asks me and I look at her with a tired look. ''Pleaseee?'' She begs me with puppy eyes. Those damn eyes. ''Fine, fine'' I say and she presses a kiss to my lips. ''Yay, thank you, baby'' She says and I smile. At the same moment, I hear a camera click. I look up and see that it was Kevin again. ''So, you're just going to do this every day?'' I ask him. ''Well, not at first but that's a great idea, Toni'' He says and I sigh. ''Okay fine but you better send them all to me. To use as a present for Cheryl'' I say and he nods. ''Aw babe'' Cheryl says and rests her head on my shoulder. 

We all talk and eat until the bell rings and we all head to class. 

----------------------------

The last bell rings, dismissing us all. I stand up and walk towards Cheryl's desk. She looks up and smiles, pecking my lips. ''Ready to go?'' I ask her and she nods, grabbing my hand. We walk to the locker room and I walk inside the gym since I'm not allowed to go into the girls' locker room. After a few minutes, all the Vixens come out. ''Alright everybody, in position!'' Cheryl shouts and they begin their practice.

Cheryl was practically yelling the whole time. But in the end, the routine went great. ''That's it for today!'' She yells and everybody leaves. I walk towards Cheryl and she wraps her arms around my neck, kissing me. ''So, how was it?'' She asks me. ''It was great, you were looking really sexy'' I say and she giggles. ''I was actually asking about the routine but that answer is also welcome'' She says and I grin, grabbing her hand. We walk out of the gym and Cheryl goes to the locker room to change. I wait outside and after a bit, she comes out and we drive to Pops. 

''Babe, this isn't the way home'' Cheryl says. ''I know, but we're going to Pops with the rest'' I say and she nods. I pull up at Pops and get out, opening the door for Cheryl. She thanks me by pecking my cheek and intertwines our fingers. We walk into Pops and see the whole squad already there. ''There they are!'' Fangs says and all their heads turn to us. ''Finally!'' Jug says and I grin. ''Sorry we're late. Jug you can now order'' I say and he immediately orders. ''Never apologize after making such a great entrance'' Kevin says satisfied and we smile. ''Come sit!'' Veronica says and I sit next to Sweet Pea, Cheryl sits down next to Maya. We all order and talk, while we wait for our food to be prepared. 

----

Our food arrives and we all dig in. ''Guys, I have an idea'' Kevin says and we all turn to him, stop talking about what we were talking about. ''We should totally go to the beach for a day or something!'' He says happily and we all murmur. ''Sure, sounds cool'' I say. ''Guys! We could play beach volleyball!'' Sweet Pea says and all of the guys except for Kevin agree. ''Well, while you guys are going to do that, we'll go swimming'' Josie says and the girls including Kevin agree. ''Then in the evening, I can make up a fire if the boys will fetch some wood'' I say and the guys agree. ''You know how to make a fire?'' Maya asks. ''Yeah, sure'' I say. ''That sounds great! I say we go Next week on Thursday!'' Ronnie says and we all agree. 

''Well, it was really fun guys but we have to go'' Kevin says and gets up, Fangs does the same. ''Yeah, we have to go too'' Betty says and we all get up. We all say our goodbyes and leave. I drive home and open the door, letting everyone in. We all head upstairs. Cheryl and I change and get into bed. She lays her head in the crook of my neck and wraps her arms around my waist. ''Love you'' She mumbles lazily. ''Love you too'' I say and kiss her head, resting my hand behind her back.

-

-

-

Hey guys!

Sorry I haven't been posting recently. 

But I can most definitely promise you that the next chapter is a bit of a surprise. 

Thanks for reading! Please share and vote if you want more!

Byeeeee