Chapter 45: Hormones

Toni's POV

The past few months have been...interesting. Cheryl's showing and very, very touchy. And with that I mean that she snaps whenever something doesn't go the way she planned it to. So, she blames it all on me. Which is fine, she's carrying my baby after all. But today felt different:

I was just opening the door, coming back from getting our food. I was a little later than I told Cheryl and I guess that wasn't the most clever idea. ''Where the hell have you been?!'' Cheryl practically shouts. I turn around and see Cheryl standing there, supporting her back with a pissed off face. ''I'm sorry I'm late, I-'' I get cut off. ''I don't need to hear your excuses! You think you can just come home whenever you want while I'm at home carrying our baby?!'' She shouts. ''Babe, you don't know what you're talking about'' I say calmly. ''Like hell I do!'' She yells.

''Get out'' She says. ''What?'' I ask shocked. ''Get out, I don't want to see you anywhere near me'' She says, pointing towards the door. ''Fine, just know that I got you Pops. I knew you missed it so I drove to Riverdale'' I say, getting the bag from behind me, putting it on the counter. I grab my coat and leave before Cheryl can reply.

-------

So yeah, that brings me to now. I'm sitting on the curb of some street with a cigarette I bought at some major drug store. ''Toni?'' I hear a voice ask. I look up and see Veronica in front of me. ''Veronica? What are you doing here?'' I ask her. ''I'm visiting my aunt, she lives a couple of blocks away. What about you, where's Cheryl?'' She asks me. ''I'm guessing she's at home'' I say. ''I meant, why the hell are you smoking on the street in the middle of the night?'' She asks me again. ''Oh that. Cheryl kicked me out'' I say, taking a puff. ''Uhm, excuse me?'' She says. ''She got mad when I was 5 minutes late. I was getting her Pops'' I reply. ''That's like 4 hours driving!'' She says. ''And apparently not enough to be appreciated by'' I mumble.

''Come on, I'm sure my aunt doesn't mind you staying with me'' She says and I get up, following her. We arrive at her aunt's house and I was in the guest room next to Veronica. ''Thanks Ronnie'' I thank her. ''No problem, Toni. Are you going to talk to Cheryl?'' She asks me, making me sigh. ''I guess tomorrow'' I reply and she nods understandingly.

-----

It's been a day now and I'm in the backyard smoking, while looking at the stars. ''Toni, there's someone here for you'' I hear Veronica's aunt say. ''Alright, let them in'' I say and after a bit, I hear the backdoor softly open. ''Hi'' I hear Cheryl's soft voice speak, making me turn around. ''Hey'' I say back. I see that she's looking at the cigarette in my hand but she doesn't say anything about that. ''I'm sorry I yelled at you'' She says. ''I get it. It's the hormones. I'm sorry I left'' I say. ''Will you please throw the cigarette away?'' She asks me softly. I sigh and throw it away. She walks towards me and hugs me tightly. ''I love you'' She whispers. ''I love you, too'' I say and kiss her head.

''Let's go home'' She suggests and I nod. I thank Veronica and her aunt and we leave to go home.

-----------