Chapter 41: What happens next

Toni's POV

It's been a few weeks since I walked away from Cheryl and since I last talked to anybody from Riverdale.

I was now heading home from work until I walked past some store and hearf a familiar voice.

"Get off of me!" The voice shouted, making me snap my head at the sound. And there it was, my worst nightmare I even imagined 6 years ago: Cheryl was getting assaulted by Nick St Clair.

Without hesitation, I pulled Nick off of Cheryl and threw him against the wall. "Are you okay?" I ask Cheryl and she nods. "Well, well, well, look who we have here" I hear behind me, making me turn around.

"I forgot you existed"

"Pretty boy dares" He says with a smirk. "Just walk away and nothing happens" I say and he laughs. "I wouldn't say nothing" He says before I can react, he pulls out a knife and stabs me with it, right in my stomach. "Oh my god" I hear Cheryl say.

"TONI" I hear in the distance. Then, I see Cole and Kj running towards me. "Hey, we got you" Kj says and I drop into their arms.

Then, I hear an ambulance come close. "Ma'am, I need you to come with us" Cole tells Cheryl and they get into his car. I get carried into the vehicle and then it was...black.

--------
10 hours later.....
After surgery.

I hear some voices and slowly open my eyes. "Toni" I hear Lili say. "He's awake" Kj says. "What happened?" I ask. "This guy stabbed you" Cole says. Then, I see the whole crew. "Everyone is here?" I ask and they nod. "The bastard got arrested" Gray says.

"Where's the girl?" I ask Cole and Kj. "She's outside, she didn't want to bother you" Cole says. "Can you let her in and give me a moment with her?" I ask them and they all nod.

They leave and Cheryl enters. "Hi" She greets me. "Hey, you okay?" I ask her and she looks up. "Me? What about you? You got stabbed" She says. "Eh, I'll always be fine" I say.

"So, what are you doing here in New York?" I ask her. "I was looking for you" She says. "W-why me?" I ask her.

"To talk" She says. "About?" I ask her and she sighs. "About us" She answers. "Alright" I reply. "I miss you" She blurs out.

"I miss you, too" I reply and she smiles. "I'm really sorry about everything" She apologises. "It's fine. I'm sorry" I say.

"I have to go but I'll come back tomorrow" She says, putting her hand on mine. She wants to leave but I grab her wrist, pulling her towards me. I kiss her cheek and she smiles. She walks out of the door.