Chapter 8: Happy

Toni's POV

I was already awake and I couldn't sleep anymore, so I was on my phone watching some videos. Cheryl was still snoring quietly. She was looking so darn cute. I used one hand to hold my phone and the other hand was tangled in Cheryl's hair. Cheryl was moving so I figured she was almost up. I rubbed her cheek and she opened her eyes. ''Morning'' I say smiling. ''Good morning'' She says and pecks my lips. We were cuddling for a bit until my alarm went off. Cheryl groaned as I got her off of my lap. We both got dressed for school. We drove to school after we had breakfast. As we arrived we got off of my bike and walked into school. We walked to our lockers and after that to the lounge room. I sat down on the couch and Cheryl sat on my lap. I wrap my arms around her waist and she leans into me. We all talk for a bit about stuff until the bell rings. Cheryl and I make our way over to our first class. Music. With Miss. Grundy. This was our only class we had with the whole squad. We made it to the classroom and talked for a bit because Miss Grundy wasn't here yet. Miss Grundy finally arrived and when she did, Cheryl and some other people groaned. I grinned and Cheryl smiled at me. Of course, Grundy had to smile creepily at me. Cheryl was raging when she saw Grundy smiling and winking at me. She stood up but I grabbed her arm and pulled her down. She looked at me confused. ''Don't'' Is the only thing I say and she sits down and holds my hand. The bell rang signaling for us to go to lunch. Somehow I managed to survive this class. ''Toni, sweetie can I speak to you?'' I heard Grundy say. I looked at Cheryl who was holding my hand as we wanted to walk away. She was about to explode. ''Uhm sure just a sec'' I say and turn to Cheryl. ''Hey, look at me. Everything will be okay, okay?'' I say. ''Okay'' She mumbles and leaves. When Cheryl left Grundy closed the door behind me. ''Miss Grundy, what's going on?'' I ask and back away from her but she steps closer. She leans in trying to kiss me but I immediately stop her. ''Miss Grundy, I don't feel the same way'' I decline her and she nods in embarrassment. I quickly open the door and walk away hurriedly. ''Toni? What were you doing with Miss Grundy alone?'' I heard a voice behind me ask. I turn around to see Kevin and Josie standing there. ''Uh, she helped me with something for school'' I stuttered. They raised their eyebrows. ''I, uh gotta go, see ya'' I say and go outside. I sit down and lean against a tree. I was playing on my guitar until I saw a shadow in front of me.

Kevin's POV

So Josie and I just saw a terrified Toni coming out of an empty classroom with Miss Grundy. We both looked at each other after Toni left hurriedly. ''We have to tell Cheryl'' I say and Josie nods. We walk through the cafeteria to the table where Cheryl is sitting. She looks up and smiles. ''Yes my dear friends?'' She says. ''Um, we saw Toni coming out of a classroom looking pretty shocked. He was there alone with Grundy'' I say and her eyes widened. ''What?!'' She says and stands up. ''I can't believe this!'' She adds and walks away but I hold her back. ''Wait a minute Cheryl. We don't know if they hooked up. Josie and I will try and figure it out and until then you don't do anything'' I say and she nods. We were looking for Toni but he wasn't there, so we went outside and saw him leaning against a tree. We hid in the bushes, so no one could see us. Suddenly we see Grundy walking up to Toni. We edge closer to them and hear the conversation. ''Toni please don't tell anyone about what happened'' Grundy begged Toni. What happened? I saw Toni getting angry. ''What the fuck?! You know you could be in jail for what you did?! You're lucky I didn't tell my girlfriend or you would already rot in jail! Toni says in a dark voice that was terrifying. Josie and I looked at each other shocked. We both hurried to Cheryl's locker. ''Cheryl!'' We shout and she turns around. ''So? What did you find out?'' She asks curiously. ''Well, we saw Toni flipping out on Grundy and he was terrifying. He told her she was lucky he didn't tell you or she would already rot in jail'' I say and Cheryl stands there shocked.

-

Cheryl's POV

I couldn't believe what I just heard. Toni hooked up with Grundy?! How could he? I loved him. Who am I kidding, I still love him. I felt tears form in my eyes. Josie and Kevin both hugged me as I cried into Kevin's chest. I had to break up with Toni. I still love him but what he did is unforgettable. I thanked Kevin and Josie for the information and I was looking for Toni. I saw him waiting for me at the parking lot. Once he spotted me he smiled. That damn smile. But I couldn't be weak. ''Hey babe'' He says. ''Don't call me babe'' I say sternly and he looks at me confused. ''Something wrong?'' He asks and steps closer to me but I inch away. ''I heard what Kevin and Josie heard! You slept with Grundy?! How could you? I loved you'' I say with tears rolling down my cheeks. ''Cheryl, what are you talking about?'' He asks. ''They saw you come out of the classroom with Grundy! Don't you lie to me!'' I shout. ''I'm not lying! I swear I didn't sleep with her!'' He says and at this point he let a tear escape from his eye. ''Don't. We're done'' I say and walk away.

-

Toni's POV

I ran after Cheryl. ''Cheryl please! You have to believe me! I love you!'' I shout but she doesn't turn around. I grab her arm and turn her around. I get on my knees and grab her hands. ''Please believe me'' I say with tears. She just nods 'no' and walks away. I got onto my bike and drove to the Whyte Wyrm. I stepped into the bar and saw the guys playing pool. ''Hey Topaz, what's going on?'' Fangs asks pointing at my red puffy eyes. ''Cheryl broke up with me. She thought I hooked up with Grundy'' I say and break down. Sweet Pea pulls me into a bear hug. ''Let that bitch be. She doesn't deserve you'' He says. I calmed down a bit and ordered some drinks. After a couple of drinks I got wasted. I couldn't even walk straight. I saw a girl walk up to me with a smirk. ''Hey hot stuff. Wanna fool around?'' She asks. ''No'' I simply say because I couldn't do this to Cheryl. ''Whatever'' She shrugs and walks away. I got more shots and couldn't walk anymore. I told the guys I was fine so I got on my bike. ''woaaahhh'' I shouted as I almost fell off of my bike. I drove to my trailer. But I didn't see the car that was heading towards me. The last thing I felt was a huge pain in my side and after that darkness.