Chapter 28: Who did it.

Toni's POV

I couldn't sleep at all last night, so when Cheryl was asleep, I got out of her grip and went downstairs, tiptoeing. I was busy the whole night with trying to figure out who the hell did this.

But I couldn't think of one person who would do something like this. I was now on my 6th cup of coffee and I heard footsteps coming down from the stairs. ''Tones?! What the hell are you doing here?'' Sweet Pea says and sees my tired look. ''You didn't stay up all night, did you?'' Veronica asks and I nod slowly. Cheryl sits down next to me and rubs my back. ''Who would do this?'' I ask. ''No idea'' Veronica says. ''Let's get ready for school'' Cheryl suggests and the two agree. ''Eh, I think I'm staying home'' I say. ''Aw, but it won't be the same without you. You're the glue that keeps the gang together'' Cheryl says and I flash a smile. ''Sorry guys, I have to take my mind off of things'' I say and they nod, getting ready.

After a bit, they come downstairs again. ''Are you sure you're not coming?'' Cheryl asks and I nod. She presses a kiss to my lips. Veronica and Sweet Pea hug me. They say their goodbyes and leave. I sigh and sit down again. 

Cheryl's POV (For the first time in forever.)

I was bummed Toni wasn't going to school. Seeing him like this was weird. He was really quiet, he never got any sleep and he only focused on one topic: Madi's kidnapper. Toni told us that we could borrow his car so we all got in and Sweet Pea drives us to school. 

We get out of the car and go inside to our lockers. We meet up again and go to the lounge. We all sit down next to our friends and they look a bit confused. ''Cheryl, where the hell is your other half?'' Kevin asks with a questioning look. 

''Well, Madi got kidnapped last night-'' I begin but get cut off. ''Wait, what?!'' Betty asks and they all have shocked faces. ''When we were on our way home, someone took her. Toni immediately chased them down but he lost them. He blames himself and is now trying to figure everything out'' I say and they still have shocked faces. ''I hope he'll be back soon'' Archie says and everyone agrees.

School went by so slow. School wasn't the same without Toni. I couldn't wait for this day to end. It was finally the end of school. We decided to all chat a bit in the lounge. I walk towards the lounge and sit down next to my friends. ''Ugh, I am so bored'' Kevin whines. ''Toni is the glue that holds everything together'' Veronica says and everyone chuckles a bit. 

Toni's POV

I couldn't find anything. At first, I thought it was that jackass, Nick. But I already asked the police. They said he was still rotting in jail. Well, back to square one. 

Sitting there doing nothing wouldn't help either. So I decided to go into the forest and look for some clues. I took my bike because the other three took my car. Once I arrived, I walk inside the forest. It gave me chills just being there. I brought my camera and made some pictures. Just as I thought there was nothing, I found a phone. I pick it up and look at the screen. 'Swipe to unlock'. What a dumbass. I unlock the phone and look at the messages. Only one chat. The name was just a dot:

. : What are you going to do?

Me: I'm going to kidnap the little girl and take her to the place. 

. : Hal, you know you can't do that.

Hal? I recognised that name from somewhere. Wait, wasn't that Betty's dad? Why the hell would he do that? I look further in the chat and saw the place they held Madi:

. : Did you get rid of the boy?

Me: Yeah, what was the address again?

. : Fuck sakes, Hal. *insert address* I knew having a new headquarter was a stupid idea. 

. : hold the girl there until tonight. Then, you can kill her.

Me: Got it.

The hell? Anyway, these guys are a bunch of idiots for inserting the address but whatever. I had a plan to save Madi tonight. But first, I had to tell the rest.

I go home and take the cellphone with me. My car was already parked outside so I knew the rest was already home. I open the door and step inside, closing the door behind me. ''Hey, where were you?''Cheryl asks and I turn around, seeing the three sitting on the couch. ''I was at the forest'' I reply. ''And I have a plan to save Madi'' I add and they immediately pay attention. ''I found a phone and it had a conversation. It was with someone I don't know and with Hal'' I say. ''Wait, that's Betty's dad!'' She says and I nod. ''I also thought that. I got the address where they're holding her'' I say and Sweet Pea stands up but I push my hand against his chest. ''Easy there, tiger'' I say and he stops. ''We go there tonight and stay quiet. You guys contact my parents and Cheryl's mom. We'll see what happens next. But don't contact Sherriff Keller'' I say and they all nod.

Hold on Madi. We're coming.

hii.

Next chapter will be saving Madi.

So, Hal is the kidnapper. But whyyyyy?????

you'll see. 

byeeeeeeeee