Chapter 31: Recovery

Toni's POV

I just texted Cheryl so I think the whole squad will be visiting soon today. It was so boring at the hospital. There was nothing to do except for playing on my phone. ''Mr Topaz, here are your painkillers'' The nurse says and hands me the painkillers. ''Thanks'' I say and she smiles. I take them and just at the same moment, the door open and reveals the whole squad. ''Thank god you're okay'' Jug says and I smile at him. ''So how's school?'' I ask them. 

''Ugh, it sucks without you'' Cheryl says and squeezes my hand. ''I'm sure that's not true'' I try to reason. ''She's right. Cheryl's not fun anymore without you either'' Kevin says and Cheryl hits his arm with a glare. He rubs his arm and scoffs. ''Anyway, school is okay I guess. We want to know why Hal did it'' Josie says and everyone looks at me curiously. ''Whatever it is, I'm so sorry'' Betty apologises. ''Don't Betty. It's not your fault'' I say. 

''Basically, when Hal was holding a knife to my face, he told me that'' I say but trail off, not wanting to continue. ''What, what did he tell you?'' Maya asks and I gulp. '''He told me that Betty had feelings for me. But I didn't notice so he was being the creep he was, he kidnapped Madi'' I say and everyone is silent. I look over at Cheryl, expecting her to be raging but she was weirdly very calm. 

''You have feelings for Toni?!'' Jug says raising his voice at Betty. ''Not anymore! It was just some crush'' She says terrified. ''I cannot believe you'' He says and storms out. Betty follows after him. Everyone looks awkwardly. ''Guys, can you please wait outside except for Cheryl?'' I ask them and they nod, walking out of the room. ''What babe?'' Cheryl asks me. ''Aren't you like, mad?'' I ask her and she giggles. ''If she says the feelings are gone, then I trust her. Besides, you're my boyfriend, not hers'' She says and I grin, pecking her lips. 

''Hey, can you bring Betty and Jug in?'''I ask her and she nods, looking for the two. After a bit, they both come in. Jug with a raging look and Betty with a terrified one. ''Jug, Betty had those feelings when you guys broke up'' I reason. ''Still, she had them'' He says. ''Yes, but they also disappeared'' I say and he stays silent. ''You wanna know what Cheryl said when you guys left?'' I ask him and he looks at me, waiting for me to continue. ''Babe, would you do the honours?'' I ask Cheryl and she nods, clearing her throat. ''If she says the feelings are gone, then I trust her. Besides, you're my boyfriend, not hers'' She says and I nod, thanking her. ''I assume the feelings are far gone'' I say and look at Betty. She immediately nods. 

''There is nothing to be jealous of. It was just a stupid crush. You have to trust her or else it won't work. What matters is that you are happy right now. Are you?''  I tell him. ''Of course, I am'' He says and looks at Betty. ''I'm sorry, Betts'' He says and hugs her. ''It's okay, Juggy. I love you'' She says and he smiles. ''I love you, too'' He says and pecks her lips. 

''My work here is done'' I say and they laugh. ''Thanks, Tones'' Jug says and I nod. Then, there's a knock on the door. ''Come in'' I say and Sherriff Keller comes in. ''Sherriff Keller. What a surprise'' I say and he smiles. ''I would like to talk to you in private'' He says and the other three leave. ''Before you say anything, I just want to apologise for my behaviour. I was way out of line'' I apologise to Mr Keller and he smiles. ''I get it. You did what you had to do'' He says and I nod. 

''Is something wrong?'' I ask him and he shakes his head. ''The opposite, actually'' He says and I look at him with a questioning look. ''I saw your investigation work and I have to say, it's very impressive'' He says and I'm a bit surprised. ''It is?'' I ask him and he nods, smiling. ''Have you ever considered to join the police force?'' He asks me. Have I ever? ''Not really'' I tell him. ''I think you'll fit in at the NYPD to be a detective. A friend of mine is the commissioner. He could help you'' He says and I think. ''NYPD? As in the New York Police Department?'' I ask him and he nods. Does this mean that I have to leave Riverdale? ''Well, what does this mean?'' I ask him. ''It means that you can still stay in Riverdale to finish school. But after that, you'll be going to New York and study to be a police officer'' He says and I'm speechless. I mean, it's a great job and opportunity. But am I ready to leave Riverdale? 

''I'll have to think about it'' I say and he nods understandingly. ''Just let me know before you graduate'' He says and I nod. ''Thank you'' I thank him and he smiles. ''No need to thank me, Kid. You did this all yourself'' He says and with that, he leaves. 

The whole squad comes into the room again. ''Hey, what was Sherriff Keller doing here?'' Fangs asks. I didn't want to jinx anything so I decided not to tell them. ''Just some talking about the investigation'' I reply and they nod. ''Well, we all have some time so how about we all get comfortable?'' Ronnie suggests and we all agree. Everyone grabs a chair and sits down or sits down on the couch. Cheryl sits on my lap. ''Thanks for coming and staying guys'' I thank them and they smile. ''We'd do anything for you'' Reggie says and they agree. I smile and we all talk about random subjects. But I still couldn't get Mr Keller's offer out of my head. 

Cheryl rests her head in the crook of my neck. ''Don't ever leave me'' She whispers in my ear. I look at her and think about what Mr Keller said. I hesitate but afterwards smile at her. ''Never'' I whisper back and peck her lips. 

-

Hi guys!

Toni got offered to go to the NYPD can't go because he doesn't want to leave Cheryl :(

We'll see about that.

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee