Chapter 15: Fight for freedom

Hey guys,

I wanna thank you all for the support it has been helping me a bit. I still struggle with everything but since you all are supporting me so well, I decided to continue. Love you all.

-

-

-

-

Toni's POV

Today was the big game. The appointment with Hiram is tomorrow. I had already informed my friends about the plan and they all agreed with it. I was missing Cheryl so much even though yesterday was the last time I saw her.

-

Cheryl's POV

Today was the game against Greendale and I was NOT looking forward to it. I mean, how could I possibly enjoy this? But Toni begged me to, so I couldn't say no. I was now at the gym doing a last rehearsal with all the Vixens. It was like half 'n hour until the game began. We were done with our final rehearsal and headed outside. Everyone was stretching a little bit and the Bulldogs arrived shortly after. We were talking together about the game.

-

Toni's POV

I was now at the parking lot outside school waiting for the rest of the team to arrive. Everyone arrived after a few minutes. ''Hey Topaz! Can I get a ride?'' I heard Fred ask. ''Sure'' I say and throw him a helmet. He catches it and gets on. We all drive to Riverdale. After we arrived at the parking lot of Riverdale High, Fred and I got off of my bike. We were on time, actually we had time left. I quickly got changed and went outside before anyone of Greendale was outside. I looked around and spotted a group of Blue dressed people. I smiled and walked over to them. ''Hey look, it's a Greendale ass!'' I heard a familiar irritating voice shout. Everyone turns around and looks at me. I spot Cheryl, Betty, Veronica, Reggie, Moose, Chuck and lastly the irritating voice, Myron. I get my helmet off of my head. ''Shut up Myron! That's Toni!'' Cheryl shouted at Myron and I walked over to them. Cheryl pressed a kiss to my lips and I wrapped my arm around her. ''Hey guys'' I say and smile. ''Toni?! You're the new Greendale quarterback?'' Reggie asks and I nod. ''Oh man'' Chuck says. ''Sorry boys but there is a change that the Serpents will get transferred back'' I say and they all light up. ''Alright!'' Reggie shouts excitedly and hugs me. I pat his back and laugh. ''Topaz?'' I heard coach Clayton ask. I look at him and smile. ''The one and only Sir'' I say and he hugs me. ''So you're on Jennings' team now?'' He asks and I nod while he looks with a concerned face. ''But don't worry Sir, he might get transferred back to Riverdale!'' Moose says and coach lights up. ''Well, I hope you do get transferred, cuz then you can get back on your spot'' He says and I thank him. ''Topaz! Get over here!'' I heard coach Jennings shout. ''Gotta go. No hard feelings, right?'' I say. ''Of course not'' They all say and I grin. I peck Cheryl's lips. ''Good luck babe'' I say and she smiles. I make my way over to the team and coach informs us. Everyone knows our strategy so we all take our places. The referee whistles and the game begins. I get the ball passed and catch it. I see that there is a free line for me to run. I quickly run through the defense and make it to the back line. The whole crowd cheers and I smile. Fred pats my back and the game goes on like that. It was now 43-23. We only had one minute left so it was pretty obvious we won. The referee whistled the ending signal and the crowd cheered. We all hugged and yelled. ''Good job team!'' Coach Jennings says and we all celebrate. I slip away from the huddle and walk towards the Bulldogs and Vixens. They all look pretty down. ''Hey guys, good game'' I say and they all look at me. ''You too Topaz'' Reggie says and I smile. Cheryl walks over to me and buries her head in my chest. ''You okay babe?'' I ask her. ''I wanna go home'' She mumbles. ''Let me change and then we'll go home okay?'' I say and she nods. I peck her lips and quickly go to the locker room. I change into my normal clothes and see Cheryl, Betty, Veronica, Josie and Kevin waiting outside the locker room. We talked for a little bit. ''So, I'll see you guys tomorrow at Veronica's?'' I say and they all nod. We wave them goodbye and I help Cheryl on my bike. We drove home and got inside. I went to the bedroom to put my bag there. Cheryl and I decided to watch a movie and cuddle. I think I was the only one actually watching the movie because Cheryl was clearly tired. ''Are you tired?'' I ask Cheryl but she shakes her head. I know she's tired because 1) She doesn't speak that much and if she does, she mumbles. 2) She cuddles into me very quickly. ''I'll be right back'' I say and get up. I grab a blanket from the living room and return to the bedroom. Cheryl was still laying there. I got in and she immediately cuddled into me. I grinned and put the blanket over us. I wrap my arm around Cheryl's waist and kiss her forehead. ''Love you'' I say. ''Love you too'' She mumbles and we drift off to sleep.