Chapter 30: Pop-Pop

Cheryl's POV

Toni was taken to the hospital so we all followed the ambulance. I was really worried about him. I mean, Hal was also the Black Hood who killed a bunch of people. Still, I'm trying to figure out why the hell he would do something like that. I guess I have to ask Toni when he wakes up. We arrive at the hospital and immediately get out and walk to the reception. ''Hi, my boyfriend Toni Topaz just came here'' I say and the woman nods, searching for the info. ''Room 210'' She says and we all go to room 210. 

The nurse told us that we had to wait a little longer. ''Family and friends for Topaz?'' A doctor asks and we all raise our hands, standing up. He smiles and we walk over to him. ''Mr Topaz is badly hurt. He has bruised 10 of his 12 ribs. We think we have to keep him here until he is almost completely healed. For the rest, he has a couple of bruises'' He says. ''Well, can we come in?'' I ask the doctor and he nods. He opens the door and lets us all into Toni's room. 

Toni's POV

I slowly open my eyes. The only thing I see was light. I felt a huge sting in my ribs. Then, I remembered what happened. ''Mr Topaz, so good to see you awake'' The friendly doctor says with a smile and I thank him. ''There are a bunch of people outside waiting, would you like them to come in?'' He asks and I nod. ''Let me tell them the news and I will let them in'' He says and I thank him. After a couple of minutes, I see the door open, revealing Cheryl, Veronica, Sweet Pea, My parents and Penelope. They a look relieved. ''Thank god you're alive'' Veronica says and I smile. Cheryl holds my hand. ''I told you you couldn't go in there alone. So stubborn'' Sweet Pea says and I grin. ''Eh, it was worth it'' I say, turning to my parents.

''Where is Madi anyway?'' I ask them. ''We brought her home, the babysitter is with her'' My mom says and I smile. ''And she's okay?'' I ask. ''She's fine. Just a bit shaken up'' My dad says and I nod. ''I think we're going to go now, tell the squad what happened'' Veronica says and I nod saying goodbye. ''We're going to leave too'' My parents say and I nod also saying goodbye, leaving me with Cheryl and Penelope. ''Cheryl, I assume you're staying the night with Toni?'' Penelope asks Cheryl and she nods. ''If that's okay, Mumzy'' She says. ''Of course, it is Honey. Toni, rest well'' She says and I nod, smiling. She also leaves and now we were alone.

Cheryl looks at me with a sad expression. ''What babe?'' I ask her. ''Just seeing how hurt you are'' She says and I smile. ''Well, if it saves someone I care about, I'd do it'' I say and she smiles. I pat the space next to me and she looks at me unsure. ''I don't want to hurt you'' She says. ''It's fine babe. This side hurts less'' I say and she gets in the bed. I wrap my arm around her and kiss her head. ''I love you'' I say and she smiles. ''I love you too'' She says and pecks my lips. We both drift off to sleep.

------------

''Morning'' I say and she smiles. ''Good morning'' She says and kisses me. ''You better get ready for school'' I say and she buries her head into my shoulder. ''I don't wanna go'' She mumbles and I grin. ''You have to. After school, you can visit me'' I tell her and she gets out of bed. ''Bye baby'' She says and kisses me goodbye. ''Bye babe'' I say and she leaves the room.

Immediately, it got really quiet. But I couldn't let Cheryl miss school because of me. Today my parents and Madi wanted to visit me. So I waited for them. A bit later, the door opens and Madi comes into the room, running towards me. ''Hi Tonio!'' She greets me excitedly. ''Hey Bubba'' I say and she giggles. ''So how are you feeling?'' My mom asks me a bit concerned. ''It hurts but I'll be okay'' I say with a smile. ''We wanted to eat some breakfast with you so we made pancakes!'' Madi says excitedly. ''Oh, really?'' I ask her and she nods, smiling. My dad got the plates out of his bag but then I noticed something. ''Hey dad?'' I ask him and he hums in response. ''Why do you have 5 plates instead of 4?'' I ask him and he shoots up. ''Oh, yes! We almost forgot, Charles'' My mom says and my dad nods. ''Forgot what?'' I ask them and they have a smile on her face. 

My dad opens the door and calls for someone. I can't hear who. Then, my grandpa walks in. ''Pop-Pop?'' I ask in disbelief. He has a smile on his face. ''Hey buddy'' He says and walks over to me, pulling me into a gentle hug. ''God, I haven't seen you in like 6 years'' I say and he smiles, nodding. ''I heard what happened and I must say, you did a heroic thing'' He says and pats my back, I thank him. ''Well, after your grandma passed, I had to find myself again'' He says with  sigh. ''So, where do you live now?'' I ask him. ''Florida'' He answers. ''How are the Serpents?'' He asks. ''Well, Jughead made me Serpent King and we got into a fight with the Ghoulies but we survived'' I say and he smiles. ''Good to hear'' He says and I nod. 

''So, Honey, when is Cheryl visiting?'' My mom asks and my grandpa looks at me. ''Cheryl? As in Cheryl Blossom?'' He asks. ''Calm down, Pop-Pop. Cheryl's my girlfriend and she doesn't hate the Serpents'' I say and he calms down. ''She's coming after school'' I tell my mom and she nods. ''Well, I would love to meet her sometime'' He says and I smile, nodding. We all grab a plate and some pancakes and eat while catching up. Madi sat on my lap and played. After a bit, we were all finished. ''Let's give Tonio some rest sweetheart'' My mom tells Madi and she nods. ''Thank you for saving me, Tonio'' She says and hugs me. ''Anytime Bubba'' I say and she giggles. ''I'll drop by another time. See you later buddy'' My grandpa says and I nod. They all leave. 

Cheryl's POV

I couldn't wait for school to be over. We were all at lunch now and I just told everyone what happened with Toni. They all had shocked faces. ''Oh my god'' Kevin says and I nod. ''Well, can we visit him after school?'' Archie asks. ''I'll text him'' I say and get my phone out of my pocket:

Me: Hi baby, how are you doing?

TT❤🐍: Hey babe, I'm doing pretty good. What's up?

Me: The squad wants to visit you after school. Is that okay?

TT❤🐍: Let me ask the nurse. brb

-

''Well?'' Betty asks curiously. ''He's asking the nurse but I assume it's possible'' I say and they all nod. ''Who did it?'' Josie asks and I gulp, looking at Betty. ''I-it was Hal'' I stutter a bit and everyone gasps, looking at Betty. ''W-what?'' She asks. ''Toni will tell you the rest after school'' I say and they nod. Just then, I get a notification:

TT❤🐍: Hey babe, the nurse said it was okay

Me: Great! Can you tell us why Hal did it?

TT❤🐍: Yeah, okay. See you then. Love you

Me: Love you too💕

-