Chapter 38: Hit me hard

''Well, um, I'm going to Heaver''

Toni's POV

I couldn't believe my ears. Cheryl was going away?

''But, Heaver's in LA'' I say and she nods slowly. ''I hope you understand'' She says. ''You mean how you're leaving?'' I snap and she looks up. ''What?'' She says. ''Well, obviously, you didn't hesitate'' I say. ''You know how long I have been waiting to go to Heaver?'' She says, crossing her arms. ''Oh well, thanks for letting me know'' I say sarcastically. ''I didn't tell you because I wasn't sure about it'' She says angrily. 

''I can't believe I gave up the NYPD'' I mumble. ''What did you just say?'' She asks me. ''Mr Keller offered me a scholarship and after that a job at the NYPD. But when you told me to never leave you, I threw it away. All for your sake'' I say angrily. ''And you didn't tell me about that?'' She says. ''I'm not the one who told my loved one to never leave me and then leave myself'' I say.

She didn't say anything. ''So yeah, it's all my fault. I'm sorry for caring about you, for loving you and all of that'' I say and storm out of the door. I get on my bike and drive to Sunnyside trailer park. I knock on Fangs' door and he opens. ''Tones, what's up?'' He asks. ''I'll explain it to you'' I say and he nods, letting me inside. I see Kevin, Sweet Pea, Jughead and Maya sitting in the living room. ''Yo Toni, what's up?'' Jughead asks.

I explained every little detail to them and when I finished, they were shocked. ''wait a minute, Cheryl told you to never leave her and now she's leaving to go to Heaver?'' Kevin asks and I nod.

''Oh my god'' Maya says. I felt a bit bad for storming out like that so I decided to text Cheryl:

Toni: If u want 2 talk meet me @ the park

Cher: I'll be there

I sigh and close my phone. ''I gotta go, thanks for the talk guys'' I say and leave.

I drive to the park and see Cheryl sitting on a bench. She spots me and stands up. I see that her eyes are red and puffy, which means that she's been crying. 

''I'm sorry for snapping at you'' I speak up. ''I'm sorry I didn't tell you about applying to Heaver'' She says softly. ''I've been thinking and...I think we should break up'' She says, looking down. It broke my heart. 

''It's just, we both need time for school and everything'' She says and I nod understandingly. ''If that's what you wish, then that's what's going to happen'' I say. ''Thank you'' She says and hugs me tightly. I feel my shirt getting wetter because of Cheryl but it didn't matter. 

''I promise that one day we'll get back together'' She says, pulling away. I don't say anything, I just kiss her forehead. ''I guess this is goodbye'' I say and she nods. ''Goodbye, Cheryl'' I say. ''Bye, Toni'' She says and we both part our ways.

I quickly drive to the Thistlehouse and quickly stuff all of my clothes in a bag. I put the bag over my shoulder and walk away.