Chapter 21: Trust issues

Toni's POV

''W-What?'' Cheryl says in a shaky voice. ''Wait, Nick St. Clair AKA Dick St. Clair. The guy who abused Cheryl?!'' I say raging. Veronica nods slowly. ''Where is he?! I'll teach that son of a bitch'' I say, heading towards the door but Sweet Pea stands in front of me, blocking my path. I try getting passed him but it's no use. ''Tones, calm down. We don't know what his intentions are'' Sweets says, holding my shoulders. ''Well I know, he's coming for Cheryl and as her boyfriend, I'm not going to allow that'' I say. ''Sweet Pea is right. He could have changed'' Ronnie says. ''Are you hearing what you're saying? I doubt he changed'' I say. 

''Penelope changed too'' She reasons. ''I know but this time I really don't think he changed'' I say. I turn to Cheryl and she looked nervous. ''What about you? Do you think he changed?'' I ask her. ''I-I don't know. I also forgave my mother so I guess I have to give him a chance'' She says. I sigh and plop down on the couch. ''Look, babe, I know you don't trust him but let's just see, okay?'' She says. ''Fine, but if he touches you or anything else-'' I say but she cut me off. ''Then you can do whatever you want'' She says. ''Okay then'' I say and Cheryl grips my cheeks, pulling me into a kiss. We pull away to smile at each other. ''I'm going to go upstairs. I'm tired'' Cheryl says and goes upstairs.

I wave to her and just when she turned around the corner, I turn to Ronnie and Sweets. ''Guys, I need you to tell the whole gang about Nick. Tell them they need to keep an eye on Cheryl every period. Especially when she is with Nick, or in the same room with him. Okay?'' I say and they nod. ''You got it'' Sweets says. ''Thanks, guys'' I say, thanking them. We all go upstairs. I open the door of our room and see Cheryl on her phone. I close the door and lay down next to her. I peck her lips and she smiles, putting her phone away. ''Hey babe'' I say. ''Yeah?'' She replies. ''Please just be careful with Nick'' I say and she smiles at me. ''I will'' She says and kisses me softly. She rests her head on my chest and we both drift to sleep.

It was now the next day and we had to go to school. This time I was not looking forward to it at all. My alarm was going off like hell. I groaned and opened my eyes, looking down expecting Cheryl there but she wasn't there. I slowly got up and yawned. ''Look who's awake'' I hear Cheryl say. I turn to look at her and she was just coming out of the bathroom. ''What are you doing up?'' I ask her, rubbing my eyes. ''Well, your parents already picked up Madi. She didn't want to wake you so she made a thank you drawing'' She says and hands me and drawing of Madi, Cheryl, Sweets, Ronnie and I, all laughing. I smiled to myself and look in the lower corner of the drawing. It said: ''Thank you for babysitting me!'' Written by Madi. ''Cute'' I say and Cheryl smiles, sitting on my lap. ''Let's get ready'' Cheryl suggests and I groan at the thought of going to school. ''Come on babe'' She says and gets off my lap. I also get up and get dressed. After I got dressed, I go downstairs and see Sweets and Ronnie already downstairs. ''Hey guys'' I greet them and they wave at me. ''Madi made this drawing of all of us'' I say and show them the drawing Madi made. ''Aww'' Ronnie says. ''Sweet'' Sweet Pea says. I grab a magnet and put the drawing against the fridge, also grabbing a bottle of water out of the fridge. 

I hear heels clicking down from the stairs, knowing that was Cheryl. ''Morning everyone'' She says and everyone greets her back. We all eat breakfast and then go into my car to drive to school. We arrive at school, with a lot of time to spare. We all head inside and go to our lockers. Once we were all done, I hear someone clear their throat. We all turn around and see Dick St. Clair standing in front of us. ''Cheryl, Veronica. A pleasure to see you again'' He says, surprisingly nice. ''Nick'' The girls say in unison. ''Who are these guys?'' He asks. ''Toni Topaz and Sweet Pea, AKA the boyfriends of these lovely ladies'' I say and take a step towards him but Cheryl catches my arm. ''Ah, I see. Nice to meet you gentlemen'' He says. ''Yeah whatever. Let's just cut to the chase. What are your intentions?'' I ask him and he looks surprised. ''Toni'' Cheryl says. ''No it's alright'' Nick says. ''I know I have been a jerk towards you two ladies but I've changed'' He says. I don't believe a word he just said. ''We trust you. One chance'' Ronnie says and Nick nods smiling. ''Thank you'' He says and the girls smile. I make eye contact with Sweet Pea and we both knew Nick was lying. 

Veronica and Cheryl were now all over Nick, laughing. Which made Sweet Pea and I stand there, awkwardly. We both look at each other and nod, both walking away, leaving the girls with Nick. We ignored the voices of our girlfriends, trying to get us back. ''How can one human being be such an ass?'' Sweets says and I grin. ''He better not touch them'' I say and he agrees. We reach the lounge room and sit down next to our friends, sighing. ''So I guess Cheryl and Veronica are with Nick?'' Josie says and we nod. ''And they're having fun'' I say. ''I swear to god if he breaks you guys up'' Kevin says and breathes heavily. ''He says he has changed but I don't believe a crap he says'' I say. They all look at each other. ''You're right. Nick could never be so nice out of nowhere. He wants something'' Betty says and everyone agrees. ''Well, he sure as hell is not getting it'' I say and they grin, just when the bell rings. I get up and go to my class, which I had with Cheryl. I saw her walking up to me. ''Why did you two walk away?'' She asks. ''Well, we didn't want to ruin your fun chit chat'' I say sarcastically. She rolls her eyes. ''Please try to be nice'' She says. ''Fine'' I say and we go inside. 

Nick's POV (After school)

I was waiting outside for Cheryl. I spot her walking outside and walk over to her. ''Cheryl, can I talk to you?'' I ask her and she nods. ''What is it, Nick?'' She asks me. ''Well, I was wondering if you and Veronica wanted to come to my party tomorrow'' I say. ''Just Veronica and I?'' She asks and I nod. ''I prefer only you two, to dodge fights with your boyfriends'' I say and she nods. ''We'll be there'' She says, smiling. ''Great, I'll see you then'' I say and she waves, leaving. I turn around and get into my car, smirking. 

''Oh Sharon, I have big plans for us'' 

-

...