Chapter 22: Serpent King

Toni's POV

I was now at school, sitting with the rest of the gang. But this time without Cheryl and Veronica. They're all over Nick now. It makes Sweet Pea and I sick, knowing what he did to them in the past. I sigh at the thought and just at the same moment, the bell rings. We all head to our classes and hell was unleashed. 

Lunch began and I sit at our usual table. Cheryl and Veronica still didn't show up so I look around the cafeteria and spot them, sitting at another table. Next to Nick. I clench my fists at the sight of them. Sweet Pea pats my back and we all talk about random stuff. 

I'm not gonna tell you about school because it simply sucks. 

School was finally over and I was outside, waiting for Cheryl. She finally came outside and looked a bit surprised to see me. She walks over to me. ''Hey babe, what are you doing here?'' She asks me. ''Well, I just went to school and I'm waiting outside for my girlfriend'' I reply. ''About that, Nick is taking me to Pops'' She says. ''What?'' I say, not believing what she just said. ''He wanted to hang out'' She says. ''Of course, he does'' I say and she rolls her eyes. I got a text from Jug:

Jug: Tones, come to the Whyte Wyrm, we have an announcement

''You know what? Whatever, you do you. I gotta go'' I say and get on my bike, driving to the Whyte Wyrm. I arrive and take my helmet off. ''Hey Tones'' Some Serpent says and I greet them back before going inside. ''Hey guys, what's this announcement?'' I ask Fangs and Sweets. ''No idea'' Fangs replies. ''Alright everyone! I've gathered you around because I'm making someone else the Serpent King!'' Jug says, standing on the stage. Everyone murmurs and gasp. ''I don't understand, he's still young'' I say and Sweet Pea agrees. ''I know, I know, I'm still young but I'm giving the leadership to a better member who is a better leader'' He continues. Who? ''Toni, come up here!'' He says and I was shocked. I walk towards the stage and stand next to Jug. He puts his arm around my shoulder and smiles. ''Toni, you are a born leader. The Serpents need you'' He says. ''Jug-'' I say but he cuts me off. ''Nuh-uh you are now the new Serpent King!'' He says and everyone cheers. ''Thanks Jug'' I say and hug him. ''Alright! We all know about the Ghoulies wanting to fight, so let's give 'em hell!'' I shout and they all shout. ''I want everyone here at 8 PM. We'll gear up and then we'll teach them not to mess with the Serpents!'' I say and they cheer. I get off the stage and Sweet Pea and Fangs hug me, congratulating me. 

''Let's go to our house and play some games and drink beer'' I suggest and they agree. We get on our bikes and drive home. I open the door and let the guys in. They all get some beer and plug in my PlayStation. We all sit down and play some Call of Duty. We all shouted and cheered while playing. I was getting some beer out of the fridge until I heard the front door shut. I turned around and saw Cheryl, taking off her coat. She looked up and saw me. She walks over to me. ''Hey babe, hey guys'' She greets us and kisses me. ''Hey Cheryl'' The guys say with their eyes still glued to the TV. ''How was the Serpent meeting? Anything new?'' She asked. ''Yeah-'' Jug begins but I cut him off. ''Nope. Nothing special'' I say and make eye contact with Jug and he nods apologetically. ''Okay then, I'm going to talk to Ronnie'' She says and I nod. She goes upstairs and I sit down on the couch. ''We cannot tell Cheryl that I'm the Serpent King. She'll get all worried about me and I just can't handle all of that on top of all that crap with Nick'' I say and they all nod. 

A bit later I get up and turn to the guys. ''I'm gonna go upstairs. There are some blankets and pillows in the attic so you guys can crash here'' I say and they thank me. I say my goodbye and go upstairs. I go to our room and get changed. Cheryl was still in Veronica's room so I just laid in bed and scrolled through Instagram. Cheryl comes into the room and lays down on the bed. I put my phone away and wrap my arms around her. She cuddles into me and I kiss her forehead.

Hey guys, little shorter chapter this time. Sorry! I don't have that much time right now but I will update!

Bye!