Chapter 2 - Truth or Dare?

I was excited for this afternoon. Ruff came home witch me to get ready for Hiccups 'party' as she calls it. I keep telling her it's just a small get together, but she won't have it. We turn into my driveway and I park the car. Ruff hops out and gets her bags from the boot. I lock the car and unlock the house. I'm greeted with the warm 'Welcome Home Kiss' from Stormfly. I pat her and head up stairs, Ruff on my heel. I open my closet and pick out a pair of light-blue shorts and a pink, tight crop-top.

Ruff turns to me and says "Woah, who are you looking to pick up?"

"You think it's to much?" I say, examining myself in the mirror.

"No way! It defiantly shows off your amazing bod" she says pulling up her black skinnys.

I punch her playfully and redo my hair in two side plats. I see Ruff when I turn, she's wearing black skinny jeans and a green t-shirt. She's never really been one for 'girly clothes' she's always been a tomboy, if I'm being honest. I take one last look in the mirror and spray my favourite perfume 'Saturday Spritz' a gift from Hiccup. I slip my white converse back on and feed Stormfly, before heading down the street with Ruff. When we reached Hiccups house it was alive and bright. Loud upbeat music boomed and voices were heard inside. I knock on the door politely, but Ruff barges in. I head in after her and we walk through to the living room. Hiccup still hasn't set up everything. So it's just a TV, a mat and a few boxes to sit on. Hiccup looks up and his face lightens up into a smile.

"You made it" he yelled over the music.

"Weren't planning on missing it" I yelled back.

"Come sit" he gestured to the boxes.

The boxes were positioned in a circle and on the boxes sat: Tuffnut, Ruffs brother, Snotlout, Ruffs boyfriend and Fishlegs, Hiccups close high school friend. I take a seat next to Hiccup. Just as I sit Ruff turns down the music and sits back down.

"No party's complete without games" she says mischievously.

I see Snotlouts hand curl around her waist.

"What do you suggest?" Hiccup asks smiling.

"A good old game of...Truth or Dare" she says, an evil grin crossing her face.

I sigh "Ok who's up first"

Ruff points at Hiccup "Truth or Dare?"

Hiccup hesitates "Dare"

Ruff thinks and then clicks her fingers "I dare you to kiss Astrid"

I snap my head up "What? Were obviously not in each others romantic interest" I say nervously.

Hiccup looks at me and I stare at him.

"Dares a dare" says Ruff relaxing on her box.

I sigh and shuffle near Hiccup. He leans in and our lips touch, this kiss isn't actually half bad. We kiss for about 5 seconds and pull apart. Everyone applauds. I blush and shuffle away from Hiccup. The night consists of more dares,drinks and music. Fishlegs got dared to run around the block in his underwear, and Snotlout dared himself to kiss Ruff. It was about 3:00am when everyone started leaving. I walked over to Ruff and Snotlout who were laughing and flirting with each other.

I grabbed her arm "Ruff were going home, your drunk" I say pulling her up.

She shakes me off "No no no, I'm going home with Snotlout" her words are slurred.

"Your kidding me" I leave them to flirting and avoid Hiccup. That was just way to awkward. When I reach my house I fumble for my keys. I must admit I'm a but tipsy myself. Wait, were are my keys. My hands search the bag, then my pockets. "Your Kidding!" I say. I try the door, locked. The fence is locked too.

"I have two options" I say to myself "Ask Ruff if I can come home with her and Snotlout" or "Ask to stay the night as Hiccups".

I think I know which I'd prefer. I tread over to Hiccups. The weather took a turn and it's freezing out. I knock on his door and he opens quickly.

"Astrid, uh hi" he says, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

I clear my throat "Hi, uh, I can't find my keys and I don't really have any other place to go...so".

He quickly replies "Yeah, sure...uh come in".

He moves out of the doorway and I awkwardly shuffle past him. I can't let it be like this, we have too much to loose in this friendship.

I turn "Look Hiccup, I don't want it to be awkward between us" I say staring up at him.

He closes the door and smiles his goofy smile "Yeah, of course. I mean it was just a dumb dare" he laughs off the tension.

Phew. I was glad to get that off my chest.

"The thing is...I only have the mattress in the attic set up" he says, his face goes red.

"That's fine, were just friends so...it won't be awkward" I try to sound as convincing as possible.

I follow him upstairs and climb up the dusty ladder into the attic. The air is stale and dirty and there's paint chips falling of the walls.

"No much...but yeah" he says gesturing to the bed. He throws me one of his old jerseys and smiles.

"Thought it would be more comfortable than sleeping in shorts" he says and smiles his goofy smile.

"Thanks, you might wanna turn around" I reply.

"Oh yeah, of course" he turns and I see his face is red.

I lift up my arms and remove the tight top. Then unzip my shorts and slip them off. The jersey is made of a soft, light material it goes to my knees and the sleeves reach my elbows but it's comfortable.

"Ok done" I say, folding my clothes and placing them in a pile with my bag.

Hiccup sits on the mattress "It was fun tonight" he says as he removes his shoes.

"Yeah, thanks" I say and plonk down next to him.

He takes off his shirt and I struggle to tear my eyes away from his amazing body. He catches me staring and smirks.

I lay down and roll over "Thanks for letting me sleep here" I say, pulling up the sheets.

"No problem, do you have classes tomorrow?" He replies.

I can feel he's trying to make casual conversation, so I go along with it.

"No, what about you" I reply

"Nope, free day" he says, I hear him tussle his hair.

"Well night" I say closing my eyes.

"Goodnight" he replies.

There's an awkward silence until he turns to face me and our eyes lock. I just want to kiss him again. He shuffles over to me so were touching. I feel his hand along my stomach and I like it. He brings his head to mine and our lips are locked. I run my finger along his abs and he twitches at the touch. I giggle between the kiss. He takes his lips away and looks at me.

"I've been wanting to do that since we met" he said cutely.

I place my hand on his cheek "Your so cute" I say quietly. He smiles and kisses me again.

I feel his strong hands wrap around me and I cuddle into him. I never want him to let go.