Chapter 5 - Unexpected Welcome

Copyright ©

Friendship may, and often does, grow into love... But love will never return to friendship ~ Lord Byron

*~ Hiccups POV ~*
Tiana lays beside me on our bed and sighs. I look at her and she smiles her 'I'm actually really pissed at you but I'm gonna act like everything's normal' smile. I force a smile back at her.
"Babe, I'm sorry about my rash actions and words yesterday, it wasn't okay..." She says.
I nod slowly "I'm sorry too... But we can get though this"
"I love you" she replies, looking into my eyes.
I attempt to force the three words up my throat, but I can't... "Me too" I reply.
She smiles and begins kissing me passionately. Unlike Astrid, her kisses are hard and rough, so many times I miss the gentle kiss from Astrid's lips that sent tingles through my body. The door downstairs slams shut and I hear muffled voices. They all sound familiar, but one sounds... nostalgic. Tianna sighs "I'll see who it is...".
I stand before her "No, I will, I'll be back up soon" I say, eager to find out who's voice I hear.
I step out from the room and hurry down the stairs, turning into the kitchen. Who could be back so late at night? I then go though to the lounge room and my eyes settle on someone I was very unprepared for... Valkyrie and Asher sit smiling at the blonde-haired, blue eyed beauty in between them. The woman looks up at me and our eyes lock "H-hiccup..." She stutters.
My heart flies with the sound of her voice, and I long to embrace her in my once well known hugs, but then I remember my wife upstairs.
I gulp "Astrid?"
She smiles, but then her face turns into a frown as her eyes settle behind me. I turn to see Tiana scowling at Astrid. "You must be Tiana" says Astrid, forcing a smile.
Tiana nods "I'm Hiccups wife" she spits, placing a hand around me protectively.
I watch Astrid wince at Tianas words and my heart throbs painfully.
"Dad... Astrids staying here..." Says Valkyrie standing.
Tiana shakes her head "Nope... Aha - No..." She says.
Asher stands up looming over Tiana "Our mother is staying in our house" he snaps.
Valkyrie leads Astrid upstairs with Asher following behind. Tiana shoots me a furious glare and starts yelling "What the hell! You didn't even try to stop her!".
I sigh, I'm done with her crap! "Tiana... Enough! All I want is for my children to be happy! And if that means being with their mother, well so be it!" I yell.
Tiana purses her lips and storms into the next room. Suddenly I feel dizzy and collapse into the lounge. I rub my head, but can't get the picture of Astrid out of my mind. She's back... The love of my life is here... And I can't hold her, kiss her, feel her touch...
Sobs escape my mouth, soft and slow, my body shaking with each cry. The door clicks shut and Aylias eyes catch mine. "Dad? What's wrong?" She says, rushing over.
I point upstairs with a shaky hand. She looks up and hurries upstairs.

*~ Aylia's POV ~*
I hurry upstairs after seeing my father in tears on the lounge. My mind rushes through the worst: the twins are sick, or hurt... Tianas gone... Something family-wise has happened...
I rush into the twins bedroom to see them laughing with a woman on their bed. My heart skips a beat when the woman turns and smiles at me. "MUM!" I yell, tears already making their way down my face.
Astrid envelopes me in a hug. For years I've always hugged her, but she's never returned it, finally, I feel my mothers arms around me. I nuzzle my face into her shoulder and hug her tighter. "Aylia, my beautiful girl!" She exclaims, sobs interrupting each word.
I laugh and kiss her on the cheek.
"You know... I just have to make a call" says Mum, heading out of the room.
I stare at Ash and Val in awe. "H-how did you-" I start.
Asher cuts me off "She... Found the phone number on dad's website..." He smiles.
Valkyrie smiles "I was afraid of her waking up, because I thought she wouldn't be what I expected, but she's everything I expected, and more"
Mum comes back into the room beaming "Aylia, you remember Aunt Elsa?" She asks.
I nod "Yeah, vaguely. She has a son, my age?"
Mum nods "I just called her, she's booking a flight imminently"

*~ Astrid's POV ~*
After saying my goodnights I return to the spare-room. Footsteps sound behind me and I turn quickly. "Astrid" says Hiccup softly.
My heart twangs at his voice "Hiccup" I reply, choking back tears.
"I never... Expected you to wake up" he mutters.
I nod "Me neither..."
He smiles his goofy smile, the one I once knew well "Still your old self" he replies.
My eyes begin watering "No, I'm missing one thing" I say.
He looks down, holding back his cries.
I blink my eyes furiously to rid myself of the tears.
The one thing I'm missing is you, it's you Hiccup...

Hey!
This is beginning extremely hard for me to write...
It's just not the same without the HICCSTRID!! :,(
But it'll be back in the next two chappies :D
Hope y'all enjoying the bookie!
Sorry for the short imagine!
Love all my chocolate-bunnies!
Xoxo Butterflybunnie 💟

{ You grab your dragons rope and attempt to pull it out if it's stable.
Your dragon stands solid, smirking mischievously.
"COME ON! We can't be late" you wine.
Your dragon purrs at you 'Vote and Comment' }