Chapter 12 - The News

It's been 2 months since I've gotten Hiccup back, 3 months pregnant with the baby. My belly is quite noticeable now. The doctors suggest I stay in hospital for my whole gestation period, 9 months. I went for an ultrasound yesterday and the maternity doctor gave us the all good. Hiccups In everyday with Valka coming every second day. Our relationship is only 5months long, I'm not sure I'm ready for a baby with him. Tomorrow is our 6month anniversary. Hiccup seems oblivious, but I hope he remembers. I stroll back to my room and see Valka stirring inside. She smiles at me and comes over.

"Hi Valka" I say, kissing her on the cheek.

"Evening Astrid!" She greets happily.

"What's so happy?" I ask, plonking myself on the bed.

"Well, the doctors have informed us that..." She pauses.

"Informed what? And who's we?" I ask smiling.

Hiccup enters from the hall. "You can come home Astrid" he says happily.

I squeal and wrap my arms around him, kissing him passionately. It seems we are lost in the moment until I remember Valka is standing behind us. I pull away from him and clear my throat. Hiccup places a hand over my belly and gently strokes.

"6 months to go" I announce happily.

Hiccup smiles. "So when can I go home?" I ask.

"Today you pack and tomorrow morning we leave" he says.

This must have been his grand gesture for our anniversary. I smile at him and return to my bed. I slowly get on all fours and reach under my bed for my bag and maternity bag. Hiccup rushes over to help me up and grasps my bags. "I'll put these in the car, I'll be back to collect you tomorrow" he says, kissing me.

I kiss him back and watch him leave. I smile at the though of being at home and return to my bed. Valka tucks me In and says goodbye. I thank her and turn over. I'm going home tomorrow, everything will be perfect again.

Hey Guys!

Sorry that I've been not uploading and not been on wattpad 😔 schools back up and our wifi is tricky! I uploaded 2 in 1 day so I hope it helps!

Xoxo Butterflybunnie