*PART 2* Chapter 1 - Dreaming

Copyright © 2014

I awake with a start. Taking in my surroundings I'm still in the hospital. "Astrid...oh god!" Hiccup envelopes me in a reassuring hug. I grasp him and don't let him go, panting heavily.

"Oh Hiccup" I begin whimpering "I had a horrible nightmare. I died...you died. We never met our little girl!" I sob.

"Hun, that was all a dream, because..." He pauses "come with me".

I hop out of bed suspiciously and wince in pain at my stomach. I shift up my shirt and stare at the long, deep scar across my stomach. Tubes stretch from inside it to a portable drip. I look at Hiccup solemnly. "I didn't want to tell you" he says, saddened.

I nod and look away, letting my shirt fall. "I know something that will cheer you up" he smiles, taking my hand.

He leads me down the hall into the 'Infant Intensive Care Unit'. Inside we walk past many infants. A tear rolls down my cheek at the sigh of the sick and orphaned babies. Hiccup leads me to a pink humid-crib. Inside lays a little girl. Little blonde hairs and the biggest, bluest eyes. Tears of happiness stream down my face. She gurgles and looks up at me. "How long have I been out?" I ask, letting her wrap her tiny hands around my thumb.

"Three hours" he says.

"Not long" I say gladly "Can I hold her?".

"Of course" smiles Hiccup.

I reach in the crib and place my hands gently around her. She's wearing a pink onesie, with little giraffes on it. I cradle her in my arms and gently kiss her forehead. "Mummy's here baby" I whisper. She gurgles and blinks up at me. I laugh at Hiccup and he wraps an arm around me. "Where a family" he says happily "But she still needs a name"

"You choose" I smile.

He stares at her "Aylia...Aylia Novella Hofferson" he smiles.

"Haddock, and soon I will too" I correct him.

He smiles goofily at me and kisses my forehead.

--Next Day--

I wake up again. There's flowers next to me on the bedside table. Beautiful white Daisy's. I smile as I see Hiccup snoring on the chair beside me. I inch out of bed quietly, dragging my drip behind me, down the hall and enter 'IICU'. I walk to Aylias crib and to my horror...she's not there. I begin to panic. What if she's dead and they've moved her to the morgue? What if someone's taken her accidentally, thinking she was there's? Or worse! What if she's been kidnapped and abused!

I begin feeling flustered and rush around to other cribs looking for her. "Someone! My baby's not here!" I say at IICU reception.

"Name and gender?" Asks the receptionist.

Hiccup rushes in and sees me, he comes running over. "Oh god Hiccup, Ayli-" I begin.

He interrupts "Baby it's ok, she's alright now. They moved her into your room, you must of missed her coming on the way down" he laughs.

I sigh in relief and hurry back down the hall to my room. I walk in to see my room empty. What? I look at Hiccup. "It's ok, your room has been moved to 'New Maternity Unit'" he smiles.

"Oh, ok" I smile back and he leads me to my room.

It's open more and there's no separate rooms. It's a whole unit. There's a bed, crib on the left side, bedside table on the right and a cabinet behind the crib. For privacy, there's a curtain rail and curtain around your area, drawn open at the moment. There's also a TV hanging diagonal to the bed. My flowers are on my table and Aylia gurgles in her crib. At the end of the crib there's a change-table and it's stocked with nappies, wipes, powders and creams. I walk to my area and reach in the crib for Aylia. I smile at her and hand her to Hiccup, he hasn't held her yet. "Uh-I-uh... It's ok" he stutters "You hold her" he smiles.

I look at him worriedly, and see he's only concerned of hurting her. I giggle and push her towards him again. "You'll be fine" I reassure him.

He takes her hesitantly. He cradles her gently, rocking and cooing her. He smiles and kisses her gently. I watch him with awe. He's so beautiful and he's going to be an amazing father. Aylia gives a little cry and her face scrunches up tight. I laugh as I watch Hiccup make a big deal out of her crying. "Hahaha Hiccup!" I say, laughing.

"Astrid...we need to um, wipe her or feed her or do something!" He says.

I laugh and take Aylia back. She stops crying after I cuddle her close and cradle her. "Mothers instinct" I tease.

Hiccup huffs playfully and smiles as a nurse approaches. "Hi, I'm Ahmed. I'll be your maternity partner. I'll help you learn the ways of caring for your child. Congratulations but the way" she says politely.

I smile at the thought of learning how to care for Aylia. "Hi, I'm Astrid, this is Hiccup and this is Aylia" I say.

"Call me if you need anything" smiles Ahmed, ushering to a red button.

"I would like to know how to feed Aylia" I say, before she leaves.

"Of course!" She exclaims.

Ahmed shows me how to position the baby and how to feed her. I thank Ahmed and she leaves. Finally everything's ok. No more pain, trauma, were finally a family...

HA TRICKED YOU GUYS!

Sorry, that was a mean trick 💟 I would never make Astrid and Hiccup die, to much of a fan! I was going for more a like 'Twighlight Breaking Dawn' scene, when Alice shows the cuter but ***SPOILER*** it's not actually real. So yeah, don't be mad! Basically if you don't get it ⬆️ Astrid dreamt about chapter 21, it wasn't actually real! Though, the sneak peak was partly true, about Aylia being able to see supernatural happenings. I had to go along with the trick in the Sneak Peak (didn't wanna give the surprise away!) hope you guys aren't mad and hope you still read 😁 Thanks for the support!

Xoxo Butterflybunnie!

P.S: I'd like to thank these people:

@Fluffersnaps

@Httyd_i_am_ASTRID

@HiccstridTNSlover

@Hiccupthehic

@LachlanShillinger

@TheDragonsWeTrust

@lochie1208

@ASTRIDHLYTL

@HICCSTRIDLOVER19

@fortheloveofdragons

AND MANY OTHERS! I will name them in further acknowledgements!

For reals, Xoxo Butterflybunnie 💟