Chapter 5 - I need her

Copyright © 2014

It's been 3 more days, 5 in total since Aylias gone. I watch Magda's house from the kitchen window whilst sipping my tea. My eyes are puffy and pink from crying and my skin is dull. Hiccups in bed, I haven't been able to sleep though. The door of Magda's house opens and she shuffles out, locking it behind her. I dart my head up and watch her enter her car and take off down the street. This is my chance. I run out the front door and slink across the yard to Magda's house. The front window is open so I enter, making sure no ones watching. The inside is horrible. The air is stale and dusty, the wallpapers cracked and peeling and the floor is broken (picture). I inspect all rooms. Nothing to be seen. I ascend the stairs and try the left door, it's locked. I kick the door 4 times and it swings open. The room is pink, a typical girls room. Though it's a nursery. Inside is filled with stuffed toys and a crib in the middle. There's something in the room. I approach it and I'm horrified by the image inside. There lays a toddler corpse. "Oh god..." I gasp. The toddler is hugging her knees to her chest, her skin rotted and black. My eyes well and I dart out of the room. I hear a singing from the hall "Ringa Ringa rosey, a pocket full of posy, ashes ashes we all fall down" I pad down the hall. I peek through the door and a woman stands there. She's sowing something. She cuts the rest of it and holds it up. "Perfect" she sighs.

I know her, it's Magda's daughter, Delina. She plods over to Aylia who's lying on the table. I gasp and she turns sharply. She walks to the door and slams it. I jolt at the loud noise and step away. What the hells? "Their always looking...never keep to themselves...damn them DAMN THEM" she screams.

I hear a metal clang and Aylia begins crying. I kick the door and barge in. Delinas leaning over the table, using a scalpel to carve something into Aylias arm. Aylia is crying/screaming in pain and Delina looks up at me. "WHO LET YOU IN HERE!" She screams.
"What the hell are you doing?" I say, my voice cracking.
"WHO LET YOU IN HERE!" She screams again.
"Give me my daughter!" I yell.
She flicks the knife to Aylias throat and I flinch. "No...she's mine...you can't have her again"
"Your hurting her!" I begin to cry.
"No no... Im protecting her, from evil" she shows me the mark.
"Pl-e-e-ease" I whimper.
She contorts her face into anger "NO! NO NO NO!" She runs at me, knife outready.
I doge back and push her, she falls and hits her head on the corner table. I rush to Aylia and cradle the crying babe in my arms. She gurgles at me and let's out a content croak, before crying again. Delina is still unconscious on the floor and I rush downstairs. Magda opens the door and
I'm about to rush out. She growls at me and points her bony finger "Trespasser!" She screams.
"She's mine..." I say calmly "Let me go..."