Chapte 14 - Yes

When we get home Hiccup helps me inside, before going back out to collect the bags. The house is decorated beautifully, with red roses and candles. He's set up the table with a red overthrow and it's set for dinner. I embrace the moment and hurry upstairs. I scan my wardrobe and take out a red dress. Yeah, as if that's fitting me! I continue looking and find a white, lace flowing dress. I slip it on, just fits. I pull on a pair of daisy socks and head back downstairs. Hiccup looks at me in awe as I descend the stairs. He takes my hand, I try my best to enjoy this moment...but something doesn't feel right. I just can't put my finger on it. It's like he's hiding something. He leads me to the table and pulls out my chair and I sit. He walks to the kitchen and returns, a dish in his hands. He places it on the table. Oxe soup, my favourite meal. I serve myself and gulp it down willingly. He does the same. We talk and laugh. About us, about our lives, about the baby. "We're going to be a family Astrid" he smiles.
I smile back and lean over to wipe some soup from his chin. He takes my hand and leads me outside, down to the beach. The air is cool and crisp, and as the waves crash the salty spray flies onto you. He walks me along the stone jetty to the end and we sit, dangling our feet in the water. The moon sits, giant and beaming, on the horizon. Hiccup turns to me. "Astrid..." He hesitates "I know your 19...and if I could take it back I would. I know your not ready for this, you wanted to live your life...you wanted to study for archeology, travel, do the things that young-adults should do. But I want you to know...I'll always be there for you..." He says honestly.
A tear runs down my cheek. I grasp his hand "I don't want you to take it back Hiccup...lately I feel like you've been...off...but I see that relationships have ups and downs and I NEVER want to live without you!" I say.
He wipes his eyes and pulls me up. I stand and then he gets on one knee, pulling a blue, velvet box from his pocket. Oh gods...is this it? "Astrid Hofferson?" He says.
I try to push out something, it's a croak. But I'm just so shocked to speak.
"Will you marry me?" He says opening the box to reveal a beautiful gold ring. Encrusted with opal an emerald jewels along the sides. I nod and he takes out the ring and slips it over my left hand 4th finger.
"Yes!" I say.