Chapter 6 - Plastic smell

I awaken and instantly the plastic, disinfectant smell hits me. I peel my eyelids open and take In the light-blue surroundings. I'm in the hospital. I see a hazy figure in the chair beside my bed. As my vision clears I make out its Snotlout. He sees I'm awake and sighs in relief.

"Astrid thank gods! I'm so sorry, it was instinct. I...I thought you were gonna die" he says.

I look over at him, breathing slowly. "Hiccup?" I ask, but because of my mask it comes out muffled and he looks at me blankly. I reach up and pull the oxygen mask off "Hiccup? I ask again. Snotlouts expression says it all.

"What? What?" I say attempting to get up, but my head starts spinning.

"No Astrid you need to stay down, you...I hit you pretty bad, plus the knock" he says, gently pushing me back down.

Snotlout rubs his face "He's pretty messed up Astrid, he's been out for a week"

"That means he'll be ok, I've been out for the amount of time he has" I say, placing the oxygen mask back over my mouth.

"It's different, you've been showing signs of..." He hesitates "Well movement and awakening, but Hiccup, he's not there...and even if he does come back, he won't be the same".

I feel my eyes well up in tears, my world has begun to feel surreal.

"What do you mean...he won't remember me?" I whimper.

"Astrid...I'm so sorry" pleads Snotlout.

I study him, his eyes, his mouth, his body. "No, you deserve to be locked up in a cell, for the filthy abuser you are" my voice begins to raise.

Snotlout looks at me in disbelief "I've already been charged for Felony Assault" he says, gulping.

"Thank gods" I say "That's were you deserve to be" I say strongly.

Snotlout stares and a nurse approaches him. "I think it'd be best if you leave" she says politely.

He agrees and takes one last look at me, I avoid eye contact, he exits. The nurse approaches me and smiles "I'm Eve, I'll be your personal nurse for your time in the hospital" she starts preparing a syringe. "Just running a few tests to make sure your stable enough" she smiles again.

I smile back and ready myself for the puncture. My mind trails off as I begin to think of Hiccup, and then I feel the jab. "Ah" I gasp feeling the puncture wound.

"One more" says Eve preparing another syringe.

I distract myself by thinking about Hiccup and when I see him. I feel the jab and wait out the period of my blood being suctioned. Eve then pulls the syringe out and detaches the vial of blood from the needle.

"All done" she smiles.

I stop her before she leaves "Hiccup, is he going to be ok?" I ask.

Eve continues packing away "After your blood is analysed, you'll be strong enough to see him" she sighs "Though he's in a critical condition".

I try to hold back the tears and roll over. Closing my eyes and falling asleep.

Sorry again for the short chapter! I'm kinda leading up to something and trying to get other stuff outta the way so I can. Thanks for the support guys, especially @Fluffersnaps and @Httyd_i_am_ASTRID, I don't know what I would've done without you!

Xoxo Bunnie 💟