Chapter 10 ~ Wooden Shack

Copyright © ButterflyBunnie 2015

Were our own dragons as well as our own heroes, most of the time we have to rescues ourselves from ourselves ~ Tom Robbins

*~ Snotlouts POV ~*
I feel so horrible... It's been three days since Astrid's been here. I long to be able to break free, to save her, but I'm trapped by myself, by my more hateful self. The things I have done to her, I will never be able to forget... ever.

*~ Aylias POV ~*
Tears stain my sleeves and Sams hand rubs soothingly over my back. "You know your dad won't give up until he finds her" he tries.
I sigh deeply and look up into Sams eyes "This man is psycho... You don't know him" I reply.
His eyes widen "You encountered him?".
I nod "I've never told anyone, but he tried to... murder me." I say slowly "I was walking home from my friend Marie's party, crossing through town. He watched me from the pub then followed me three miles out of town, he grabbed me and held the knife to my throat, I screamed but he covered my mouth. A car came speeding down the road and when the lights flashed I realised it was him, Snotlout... The car turned out to be Marie and her boyfriends, they stopped for me but when I turned around Snotlout was gone... They dropped me home after that..." I finish.
Sams fists clench and fire burns in his eyes "If he comes anywhere near you, I swear to go-".
"No, you won't do anything, leave it Sam, I got away, and why do you care anyways?" I ask.
He inches his face closer to mine and presses a soft kiss on my lips. My body reacts to him, kissing him back and sending tingles through my veins. "Because I care about you Lia" he says.
I feel my cheeks flush red and I smile slightly, wrapping my arms around him. I rest my head on his chest as he strokes my hair "It's going to be OK" he says.
I nod "I hope so".

*~ Hiccups POV ~*
We have another day of searching for Astrid. I will not give up, I need her too much. Asher has refused to sleep until we find her, Lia and Val are a mess and Elsa is distraught. I tread through the pine forest, my torch shining through the trees, catching on possums and wild dogs scampering through the forest. Chad and Asher walk beside me, the moon beaming down on us. We begin to ascend down a steep hill, slipping on wet leaves and grass. "There" says Asher, pointing his torch at a wooden shed. Chad eyes Asher "We weren't looking for a location, we were looking for clues, preferably a body..." He trails off.
"My mothers not dead Chad" says Asher bitterly "Plus, this would be the perfect place to bring a hostage, isolated, miles from town".
I nod "He's got a point".
Chad slips his gun out of its holster and points it at the shack "Approach slowly, be quiet, I'll go in first make sure it's clear, if anything happens, make your way back to the car, get help" he says.
I nod and stop Asher before he walks "Stay here, I'm not letting you down there".
Asher nods "I knew you'd say that" he sighs.
I smile "Good Son, but if anything happens, run, don't stop" I say.
He nods, I carry on beside Chad, determined to find Astrid.
We approach the shack and muffled voices come from inside, male and female, my heart leaps.
Chad slowly pushes the door open. I grab the gun from a Chads hand and point it right at Snotlouts head "Get the hell away from her!" I yell.
Snotlout turns, his face fearful. Astrid drops to the ground and I quickly rush to her whilst Chad handcuffs him. Her eyes flicker up to me and she wraps her arms around me. I go to hug her back. I gently place my hands over her back, helping her up, she winces at my touch. I then carry her, her legs wrapped around my waist and arms around my neck, out of the shack and up to the car. I place Astrid in the car and stoke her head, then sit beside her. She clambers onto my lap and wraps her legs and arms around me. My hands and shirt are laced with her blood, but I don't care. I finally have her back...

Heyyyylo!
25K I luv ya!
OMG yay, Astrids back!
I can update because I have Wifi :)
Sorry if my writings kinda messy, I'm tired and not really thinking straight...
FORGIVE ME 🙏
ANYWAYS I'm gonna go and watch TV because... I like Sam And Cat :)
ILYSM BÆŚ
Xoxo Butterflybunnie 💟

{ Astrid bowls you over and hold her axe close to your face,
"Please don't hurt me!" You yell using your hands to shield yourself.
"Vote and Comment" she says, edging the axe closer with each second... }
~
Imagine suggested by hardcore_httyd she's my bæ <3