Chapter 14 - Valkyrie

Copyright © Butterflybunnie 2015

Just keep swimming ~ Walt Disney

*~ Valkyries POV ~*
I saw the swirl of lights before I felt the pain, though there was no pain, there was pain... I hears the mixed voices of my parents, calling my name, screams and cries. I knew I was dying, and I was scared. For all my life I feared oblivion, feared the never-ending darkness. I always wondered what happened after you die, do you sleep forever?, and forever is a never-ending time... It's just forever... I do hope you get a second life, even though I will never know I was Valkyrie in my second life, I will be born again, and not know I have died before. Perhaps I have had a past life, my name might've been Samara, or I could've been a boy, maybe a dog or a lizard, just something... there has to be something. I watch as my parents crowd around my body. My mother in tears, my father in tears, Aylia in shock. I stare down at myself, as my spirit floats high above myself. I see a small figure appear at the doorway, his face a look of horror. I float down and stand infront of him "Valkyrie!" He screams, his voice cracking in tears.
The truck that hit me stops ahead of me and the driver rushes out. "I'm here!" I yell, no one looks at me.
Asher runs over to my body and kneels beside me, cradling my head in his hands. "Valkyrie..." He cries.
Aylias eyes lock on me, her eyes well with tears as I begin to fade away. My hands and feet, then my arms and legs. I watch myself disappear, my family's imagine leaving me, and blackness approaching me. I become more scared now, I fear oblivion. I'm conscious for a second whilst everything goes black, then I feel my consciousness leave me...

*~ Asher's POV ~*
When I hear the yelling downstairs I hurriedly get dressed and hurry down. The family's not there and the front door is open. I see my family in tears, crowding around a figure. I see everyone but Val. Then I see her, lying lifeless on the road. "Valkyrie" I scream, my voice cracking with cries.
I run over and cradle her head in my hands. My sister, my twin, my best friend... Is gone... she's gone...

{-~_ONE WEEK LATER_~-}

I stand by Valkyries grave and place the white roses next to her picture. "Hey Sis" I say, attempting a smile.
"Lia told me she saw you before you left... If you are here, please, I just want to see you one more time" I say quietly.
Nothing... Just what I thought.
I sigh and kiss my fingers, then place the kiss on her photograph "I miss you Val" I say.
I walk home, the rain beating down on my shoulders. I turn into our drive way and enter our house. I step up the stairs, ignoring my crying mother and climb into bed. I stare at the empty bed on the other side of the room, her clothes strewn across the floor, photos covering her side of the wall. Her pink iPhone, sitting quietly on the bedside table. My mind flashes through memories of her:

Valkyrie laughs at the cocky joke I made and smiles. "We really are like two peas in a pod, aren't we?" She says.
I smile "Yeah, because we have like telepathic powers and stuff?" I joke.
"Um - It's not a laughing matter, we do..." She says, trying to act serious.
Jo and my friend Fred laugh as we sit eating Subway sandwiches.
"Nah, seriously let's try!" Exclaims Valkyrie.
I laugh "Okay, what colour am I thinking of?" I ask
Val places two fingers on each of her temples and squeezes her eyes shut really tight.
"You look like your giving birth!" Exclaims Fred.
Valkyrie bursts out in laughter. Fred imitates Valkyries 'telepathic look', placing two fingers on his temples and squeezing his eyes shut. "OMG, breathe just... Breathe! It's coming, ITS COMING!" He yells, imitating birth.
Jo and I crack up, joining Valkyrie.
"Ok, don't interrupt me!" She exclaims, starring into my eyes.
There's a moment of silence before she speaks up "Yellow?" She asks.
I nod in amazement "Yes!" I yell.
"Woo!" Valkyrie throws her hands into the air as we all laugh.

I smile at my memory of Valkyrie, wishing I had had her for longer. My phone buzzes:
iMessage: Jo - Were down at the beach for Val, if you wanna come down :/ x
I slowly throw my covers off and exit the house. I walk down the road and down the beach path. I see all the teens that we were friends with sitting around a large bonfire on the beach. Luke has his head in his hands and Jo is crying. Kirra and her boyfriend Henry are sitting solemnly staring at the fire. Fred sits beside Valkyries pre-school friend, Willow. I descend the steps and sit beside Jo, no one looks up at me or acknowledges my presence, accept for Jo. I place an arm around her and she nuzzles into my shoulder. "This was her favourite spot" I say out loud to everyone "Were the ocean meets the sky" I say, quoting Valkyrie.
I earn a few weak smiles and I look out onto the horizon. I see an vision of Valkyrie on her yellow surfboard, surfing the waves. I smile and stand, picking up her surfboard from the place she always hid it. I stab a stick into the middle of it and place her silver bracelet that she always wore over the stick. Jo stands beside me and the others join us. I take off my shirt and enter the water with the board, the others following me. We swim out far, past touching point. "Just keep swimming Val" I say, pushing the board forward. The others come to my side and watch the board make it's way out into the ocean. We bob there, watching as the horizon sets into a sunset. Eventually the others swim in and leave, including Jo. I continue to watch until I can no longer see the board. I see an image of Valkyrie in front of me, bobbing in the water "See ya later Ash" she smiles. She then swims off after the board into the horizon. I smile at the image of her, "See ya later Val..."

I'm sad :(
Val was by far my fave character, even though I didn't focus on her too much, she swill was.
Her pretty face and her one arm :,(
AWWW...
Anyways love all of youhs :)
I'm contemplating making a sequel or not?
Let me know what you think,
Xoxo Butterflybunnie

{ Vote and Comment for Valkyrie :,( She will be misses R.I.P }