27 - Trapped

After interrogation I was escorted in the back of Jasmines police-car, we drove to West-Berk Asylum, or as Hiccup called it - The Looney Bin. My head thuds at the thought of Hiccup, so I banish it from my mind. The front gates boomed over the car, topped with spikes and barbed wire. Must be so the loonies don't escape... We stop at the gates as officials approach us. Jasmine leaves to talk to one of the one guard and two others search the car. "Good to go" shouts one, signalling to the gate-guards. Jasmine and I get back into the car. The gates open and we drive through. The road is gravel, and it's about three kilometres up a woodland hill. Up the top there's another set of gates, behind the gates sits an ominous building, windows bared and doors gated. Jasmine parks the car after were through the nest gate. We approach a steel door with guards holding either side of me. Jasmine presses the intercom button and waits for a response.
"State Identity and Business" a mans voice speaks through the intercom.
"Detective Jasmine" she holds her licence up to a small camera.
"New arrival - Astrid Haddock" she finishes.
The door clicks open with a beep and two guards pull the door across. The two holding me hoist me inside. We arrive in a small dark corridor, the air stained with the smell of flesh. I scrunch up my nose and cough at the stale air. Suddenly a bag is pushed over my head. I thrash out but it's no use, my vision had been blinded. "HEY!" I yell.
I hear Jasmines soothing voice "Astrid it's okay, it's just so you don't know the way out, incase you choose to escape..." She says darkly.
I nod slowly, fighting back the tears that threaten at my eyelids. I'm pushed forward by a pointy object, my body realises it's a gun. How strict are they here?! We walk for a few minutes until the sound of a door clicking and a door being dragged sounds. The bag over my head is removed and I'm pushed inside a room. The whole room is padded, just like in the movies. A bed and blankets on one side, a mesh covered toilet and sink on the other. There's a bag in the corner. Jasmine follows in beside me, closing the door behind her. I sit on the bed and watch as she approaches me, her hand flinching towards her gun ever so slightly. She kneels down beside me and undoes my cuffs. "Astrid, this will be your room until your fully recovered. It could take days, or years... You need to make that happen" she says softly.
Jasmine gestures to the bag "A few of your belongings, to make you feel... Better" she states.
She turns and walks to the door, sliding open. She looks back at me and sighs. "I don't think your a bad person Astrid, and trust me I have met many a bad person. Sometimes good people do bad things, and you have to find it in your heart to forgive them. But their the ones who need to make the forgiveness happen" she says.
"I will, I promise" I choke out.
She nods slowly "Words are just words, it's the actions that follow that will determine forgiveness, just... don't make promises you can't keep" she leaves me with those words, closing the door behind her.
A click sounds, locking me inside. There's a small gap in the door, covered by iron bars. I look out into the steel corridor. There's an endless row of doors just the same as mine, some people are peeking out of, others lifeless. Screams of anger and sadness, crying and muttering comes from the halls. I sigh and grab the bag, opening it. Inside are my personal belongings. There's a notepad and pen, I take it out gratefully. I can document, what I hope, will be my short stay here. The next is my childhood teddy-bear, Alfie. I hug him close, feeling comforted by his fluffy largeness. I pull out a photograph of our family. Hiccup, Me, Aylia, Val, Ash, Poppy, Toothless and Stormfly. On the back a piece of blue-tack sticks. I stick the photo to the top of my bed, so I can watch it as I sleep. Two items left, I pull out the drawing that Aylia did of the whole family, sticking it next to the photograph. The last item is my wedding ring. Tears begin falling as I twirl it around my fingers. "Oh gods... What have I done?"

Howdy!
Hope your enjoying the suspense!
I enjoy being devious >:)
Anyways love y'all sah mush!
The number of VEIWS has been increasing rapidly, thank youh sah mush!!
Xoxo Butterflybunnie 💟