Chapter 19 - Hiccups Home

I tidy the house ready for Hiccups arrival, they house is still in repairs from the fire, but it's liveable. It's been three months like he said, two till bubs born. I'm so excited now, I would never hurt this baby. I hum as I fold the blankets on the couch and buff the pillows. I dust off the counter as I hear Tuffs car pull into the driveway. He's staying the night to help with Hiccup. The door opens and Hiccup hobbles in. He looks completely normal, accept for his plastic leg, from the knee down. I smile and kiss him. Tuff walks in with Merida. "Your rooms here" I say, opening the door across from the kitchen. "Thanks" says Merida, she places her bags inside and Tuff does the same. Hiccup places an arm around me and we sit on the lounge together. "Names?" He says, placing a hand on my stomach.

"I told you Aylia Novella Haddock" I say.

He sighs "Astrid...come on"

"You don't like it?"

"It's not that I don't like it, but I like Lil'Astrid more!"

"Your a dummy!" We laugh.

I stand and head over to the kitchen were I prepare some Spiceberry Tea for Merida and I. Tuff and Merida appear out the door. "Beer?" I ask.

Hiccup and Tuff nod.

***one month later***

2 weeks till the baby's born... I've been heaps nervous. Hiccups been helping me around the house. My maternity bag is always by the door, just if we need to go. I've just been sick lately. My stomach is the size of a balloon and I'm tired and worn out. The baby's coping fine and so is Hiccup. The house is now fully repaired from the fire. We have a new gazebo out back and another room for the baby. I head down the hall and into the nursery. It's painted a light pastel lilac. There's a white fluffy mat on the floor and a box of toys by the side. There's also a dollhouse, a drawing table and more toys. I take out the brown teddy I bought for her today and place it in the white crib. The wardrobe is stacked up with cute baby clothes. I touch one of the dresses. It's white, embroidered with purple Lilly's. I can't wait to see her wear this. I sigh and close the wardrobe. Hiccup catches me as I walk out the hallway. "How are you feeling?" He asks.

"Fine...you?" I ask smiling.

"As long as your ok, I'm fine" he says.

I reach up and place my hand over his face, kissing him. He takes my hand "Its late, and you need all the rest you can get" he says leading me upstairs.

I reach out bedroom and strip off. I then change into my maternity pyjamas. There's not a lot of things to not like about pregnancy, but I know one thing, I can't wait to wear normal clothes again.

"What are you thinking about Hun?" He places his arms around me.

"Just wearing normal clothes again" I say honestly.

He laughs "I never thanked you for carrying my baby" he says.

"You can thank me when she's out!" I laugh.

We get into bed and lay there. His face lays on my chest and I look down at him. I run my finger along the bumpy scar on his face. He shifts uncomfortably. "Sorry" I murmur.

"I just hate that...you have to see it, and so will our daughter" he says.

"Hiccup..." I look him in the eyes "It will never change my love for you, nothing ever will and nothing ever has".

He kisses me and lays down. I pull the covers over my arms and snuggle next to him.