Chapter 2 - Friends.

Copyright © 2014

The next day I awaken early, due to Aylias hollering. I groan, tired, and roll over. Ahmed told me that when she's 5 days old (she's only two) that I'll be allowed to sleep with her in my bed. I rub my eyes and pass my hand to her. She takes it gratefully and begins sucking my fingers. She's hungry. I sit up, positioning myself and grasp Aylia, then feed. I look around for Hiccup, but she's no were to be found. "Where's daddy?" I ask Aylia, she looks at me and gurgles.

Ahmed told me: 'Even though she doesn't understand you, it's good to ask her questions and get her use to her voice, talk to her a lot'. Though, I like to think Aylia does understand me. Where is Hiccup? My thoughts are interrupted by a beautiful quiet singing. I look beside me to see a woman and her baby. She has platinum blonde hair, crystal blue eyes and soft white skin. She sees me staring and smiles. "Sorry, your voice is beautiful" I apologise.

"Don't apologise, it's ok to live in the simple pleasures of life" she replies.

I wasn't quite sure what her comment meant, but I smiled anyway. Her voice was cool and crisp, though it was refreshing. "I'm Astrid" I reply.

"Elsa, nice to meet you" she says.

"Newborn?" I say, gesturing to her baby.

"Last night, his name is Sam" she says, tilting him so I can see his face.

He has little blonde, almost white hairs and pure snowy skin. His grey eyes beam up at me and I smile. "What about you?" She asks.

"Oh, coincidently, last night too. This is Aylia" I say, tilting her over.

"Little cutie" she says.

I laugh. We continue talking for hours on end. Even after the lights were out, I asked Ahmed if we could move my things closer to Elsa. We were now at touching length, but we continued talking. It was almost midnight when a figure stood in the doorway. Hiccup walks in and smiles at us. "Babe, you can't be here after hours!" I say quietly.

"Couldn't help" he smiles, taking Aylia.

"Elsa, this is Hiccup, my fiancé" I say, kissing him.

"Pleasure Hiccup, this is Sam" she says.

"You too, well I'll leave you guys. Just making sure your ok" he says, kissing Aylia and placing her in my arms.

"Thanks Hun, goodnight" I say

"Goodnight" he replies and leaves.

"Well, I should get some sleep, so should Aylia" I say, smiling.

Elsa nods "Goodnight Astrid, it's good to have a friend in this place" she says.

"Yeah, it is" I say back.

Alyia gives out a tiny yawn and both Elsa and I laugh. Sams already asleep as I place Aylia in her crib. "Goodnight sweety" I say, kissing her on the hand. She stares at me with her big, green eyes. Funny...I must be imagining things, but I thought they were blue...